ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
Biking Essentials For Obese Women
Total Articles: 4
Biking is one of the most popular weight losing exercise around the globe. It doesn’t cost much and does not require a lot of expertise to do. Many people are intimidated by complex exercise machines in gyms, or simply do not want to take on physical activities that are simply too much if you don’t have a gym rat’s physique, thus they turn to simple, fun, tried and tested exercises such as biking.
Biking does not require a lot of expertise and can be done on your own. It does not rely on the availability of a playing partner or that of a trainer. You simply must get on a bike and go.
But this is not to say that there are no problems encountered when it comes to biking. One challenge that is recognized is biking for individuals who weigh more than the average.
While exercise is encouraged for everyone, the emphasis is given to those who may potentially develop non-communicable conditions such as heart problems by virtue of the state of their weight.
While there are no specific exercises being advised, recent recommendations point to doing any exercise wherein one’s interest would not waver leading to a more regular engagement.
The challenge lies in the fit of biking for individuals who are overweight. While the concept of biking is simple enough, certain details need to be addressed to ensure that the objective of getting into biking is achieved and that safety is properly addressed.
Now, what are the concerns when it comes to biking for overweight people? The most common ones are the following:
• Weight capacity of the equipment
Standard bikes have a limited weight-bearing capacity and having overweight individuals ride such bikes may be putting themselves at risk for accidents that may easily be avoided.
There are bikes on the market that are built to specifications for the heavier than the average population. The wheels may also be replaced with those that are sturdier than regular wheels.
Next in line of inquiries for equipment is the bike seat. The standard bicycle seats may be uncomfortable for those who are heavy and may have big bottoms. Cyclists may replace their regular bike seats with wider variants or those designed to provide more support and comfort specifically for the overweight.
Biking can be made a good fit for anyone, including those who are overweight. Though standard bikes cannot be used by overweight, there are available modifications to the equipment that can make it possible for those who are heavier than usual to go biking, without compromising on safety and comfort.
Fitness Articles1. Xeloda 500 Mg
2. Use Best Fitness Tracker, Fitness Band While Doing Fitness Activities
Author: Tanjni Pache
3. 6 Amazing Reasons To Get A Cross Trainer
Author: Nathan Crowley
4. New Mom’s Workout Regime
5. The Populace Is Facing Serious Problem With Obesity And Needs To Look Into It
Author: Ben Nixon
6. Pose Of The Month: Bhujangasana
Author: Louise Franklin
7. Meditation On The Go: Breathe, Pause, Notice
Author: Teresa Hazzard
8. Yin Yoga: A Yoga Observe Every Athlete Ought To Adopt
Author: Carolyn Case
9. Water And Yoga: However And When To Hydrate
Author: Katherine Austin
10. Master The Art Of Lifting Your Body Above Ground With The Help Of A Pole
Author: Spencer Holden
11. How To Use Yoga To Accomplish Your New Year’s Resolutions
Author: Ruth Golden
12. 3 Physical Rehabilitation Tips To Minimize Pain In The Back
Author: Jordan Smith
13. Natural Treatment To Ensure Family’s Robust Health
Author: Maria Gini
14. Why Yoga Teacher Training In Thailand?
Author: Yoga Retreat in Thailand
15. Knowing These Secrets Will Make Your Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training Look Amazing
Author: Dave Woods