ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
Biking Essentials For Obese Women
Total Articles: 4
Biking is one of the most popular weight losing exercise around the globe. It doesn’t cost much and does not require a lot of expertise to do. Many people are intimidated by complex exercise machines in gyms, or simply do not want to take on physical activities that are simply too much if you don’t have a gym rat’s physique, thus they turn to simple, fun, tried and tested exercises such as biking.
Biking does not require a lot of expertise and can be done on your own. It does not rely on the availability of a playing partner or that of a trainer. You simply must get on a bike and go.
But this is not to say that there are no problems encountered when it comes to biking. One challenge that is recognized is biking for individuals who weigh more than the average.
While exercise is encouraged for everyone, the emphasis is given to those who may potentially develop non-communicable conditions such as heart problems by virtue of the state of their weight.
While there are no specific exercises being advised, recent recommendations point to doing any exercise wherein one’s interest would not waver leading to a more regular engagement.
The challenge lies in the fit of biking for individuals who are overweight. While the concept of biking is simple enough, certain details need to be addressed to ensure that the objective of getting into biking is achieved and that safety is properly addressed.
Now, what are the concerns when it comes to biking for overweight people? The most common ones are the following:
• Weight capacity of the equipment
Standard bikes have a limited weight-bearing capacity and having overweight individuals ride such bikes may be putting themselves at risk for accidents that may easily be avoided.
There are bikes on the market that are built to specifications for the heavier than the average population. The wheels may also be replaced with those that are sturdier than regular wheels.
Next in line of inquiries for equipment is the bike seat. The standard bicycle seats may be uncomfortable for those who are heavy and may have big bottoms. Cyclists may replace their regular bike seats with wider variants or those designed to provide more support and comfort specifically for the overweight.
Biking can be made a good fit for anyone, including those who are overweight. Though standard bikes cannot be used by overweight, there are available modifications to the equipment that can make it possible for those who are heavier than usual to go biking, without compromising on safety and comfort.
Fitness Articles1. The Secrets Of Bruhana Nasyam Therapy In India
Author: Dr nitesh khonde
2. Know Effective Ways To Reduce Weight The Healthy Way
Author: Owen Jones
3. Let Herbs Cure Your Soul And Body From The Core, Stay Safe And Healthy
Author: Seth Aslatt
4. Ideas On How To Give A Kick Start To Your Pole Dancing Business
Author: Spencer Holden
5. Things The Media Hasn't Told You About Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training
Author: Dave Woods
6. Find The Digital Camera For You If You Are A Beginner
Author: Fiona Lee
7. Valuable Tips For Wearing Coloured Contact Lens
Author: Aasim Rahman
8. Shopping For Fitness Clothing – Becoming A Fitness Apparel Brand Ambassador
Author: Henry Vongxay
9. The Healing Property Of Professionally Imparted Massage Is Unending
Author: Leona Miller
10. Get A Fit Body At Top Gym In Charlotte
Author: Justin James
11. Balance Board Workout - Have Fun While Getting Fit!
Author: Erik Olsen
12. The Ultimate Guide Of Pradhanama Nasya Therapy
Author: Dr nitesh khonde
13. Best Strength Training Machines For Women
14. Can Yoga Heal A Broken Heart?
Author: Louise Franklin
15. Relief Through Yoga Within The Face Of The Opioid Epidemic
Author: Carolyn Case