ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Few Questions Answered About Air Conditioning In Brisbane
Total Articles: 3
It is used in cars, houses, offices, retail stores, restaurants, and other indoor facilities. Heat is considered to be a necessity and all homes must have it. When heat warnings exist, however, lack of air conditioning can present a problem for many elderly people who may live in older brick homes. Without air conditioning in Brisbane, these types of homes literally turn into an oven at a certain temperatures and can cause death.
Alternatives to air conditioning in Brisbane are fans, either electric or handheld, or open windows. Air conditioning is used primarily in the summer when temperatures are higher. Therefore electric bills are usually higher in the summer months. Many electric companies offer budget billing, which balances out the high and low bills into a constant monthly payment. Budget billing is based on usage and may gradually increase over time as usage goes up.
There are two types of air conditioners that are primarily used in homes. The air conditioner placed in the windows cools the room in which they are fitted to. More expensive units may cool off more of the surrounding rooms. Window air conditioners run on electricity. They are set in windows on the grounds that the warmth in the room is passed outside and swapped with the cool air coming in. Alternatives to window air conditioning units are wall air conditioners, which do not need to be placed in a window. Window units are more common in older homes.
New construction typically has central air conditioning built in. Central air conditioning runs the air throughout the entire house with the actual unit located outside. A thermostat controls the temperatures of the house. Older thermostats need to be changed manually to the desired temperature. Newer thermostats are programmable. Temperature settings can be programmed to change at certain times of the day. This can help lower electric bills by allowing the house to be warmer when the house is empty. Running central air conditioning uses a lot of electricity but it is generally more energy efficient than window air conditioning. One can find homes that were built earlier with or without air conditioners fitted in the windows.
About the Author: This contribution has been made by Alyssa Blackall who has written a number of articles on air conditioning in Brisbane and provides fruitful information. To know more, please visit www.polarityelectrical.com.au.
Home and Garden Articles1. 5 Essential Gardening Tips From Reliable Plant Expert In Uk
Author: Paul Gooderham
2. Air Duct Cleaning In Atlanta,conyers : Why Do I Need To Clean My Air Duct?
3. Apartments For Rent In The Northborough Area
Author: Sue Thornton
4. Hire End Of Lease Cleaning Perth To Get Back Your Full Bond Amount Return From The Landlord
5. Hiring A Professional Cleaner Will Be Beneficiary For You
Author: Monika Zuzanska
6. Facts For Getting A Cleaning Expert
Author: Monika Zuzanska
7. Things You Should Know Before Buying A Garage Door
Author: Kevin Bocchini
8. Has Your Carpet Suffered With Gravy Or Any Grease Stains? Tips To Remove Them…..
Author: Riley Evans
9. Things You Need To Know About Bee Removal
Author: Jeff Stanifer
10. Why To Hire Packers And Movers?
11. Cushion Covers Offer A Bright And Contrasting Look To Space
Author: Vedwati Maurya
12. Soundproof Windows Vs Secondary Glazing
Author: Hugo Carter
13. Eco-friendly Interior Designing
Author: Bric Group
14. Turn Your Bathroom Remodeling Dream Into Reality With Help From The Bathroom Remodel Specialist
15. Do's And Don'ts That Will Master Your Bathtub Remodel!