ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
How To De-fog Your Mazda 6 Windscreen
Total Articles: 4
When you are looking at a Mazda 6 for sale, the last thing on your mind is likely to be a fogged up windscreen. However, fogging up is a very common phenomenon on even the sophisticated of vehicles. It can not only be annoying, but it can also be potentially dangerous, as your view of the road is compromised.
What Causes Fogging?
On a rainy, cool morning, the air inside your Mazda 6 is very similar to the air outside; heavy with moisture. When you get into your vehicle and close the door, as soon as you start breathing, you are increasing the moisture vapour in the air. As the moist, warm air from inside your lungs meets the moist, cold air in your car, the moisture condenses on the nearest and coldest possible surface; the windscreen.
The Problems of Demisting:
As soon as that fogging up starts happening on your windscreen, you may immediately reach for a cloth or your sleeve. However, even as you are removing some of the water vapour, you are breathing more moisture into the air causing it to mist up again.
While winding down your windows to equalise the temperature may work, you will need to open your windows so far that you will end up feeling freezing cold. Even opening up a couple of air vents, it won’t be enough to shift the water already condensed on your windscreen.
While a fogged up windscreen can be a frustrating problem, your Mazda 6 has the solution; a great air conditioning system. While it may seem silly to crank up your AC, it is actually the best way to clear your windscreen. Air conditioning cools your car on hot days by removing the water vapour in the air to reduce the air temperature. This means that when your windscreen is fogged up, turning on the AC will remove water vapour from the air. Your moist breath will be dispersed in the air, rather than just condensing on your windscreen.
Turn your AC on high and direct it through the windscreen demister vents. However, unless you want a blast of cold air hitting your face, turn off the front facing vents and direct the AC vents to the windscreen and side windows. This will ensure that you have maximum visibility in no time at all.
If you would like to know more about the fantastic features on the new Mazda 6 for sale, Perth drivers should speak to us. The Melville Mazda sales team would be delighted to answer any queries you may have about the Mazda 6, Perth deals and current offers. We can also help with vehicle finance options, insurance for your new vehicle or a test drive of the Mazda 6.
As Perth’s largest retailer of Mazda Cars and Accessories, our team at Melville Mazda are on top of everything you need to know when it comes to buying a new or pre-loved Mazda.
Automobiles Articles1. Why Automobile Companies Should Tie-up With Drivekool For Rto Services
2. 2018 Best Dirt Bike For Kids Of Different Age Groups – Kids For King
Author: Kids For King
3. How To Get Your Car Ready For Summer
Author: vibhuti Chouhan
4. Rockman Moldex-carbon Composites Company In India
Author: Rockman Industries
5. How To Know Kinds Of Mechanical Repairs Done By Automobile Mechanics In Vista
Author: Andrew Raymond
6. Fleet Wraps The Best Way To Advertise Your Business
7. What Keeps Planes Up And Running
Author: Xtreme Aviation
8. Car Rental Seychelles Should Be Considered When You Are Looking Forward To Make Your Commuting Safe
Author: Jeffrey Pham
9. Your Purpose Of Usage Will Define Whether It Is Best To Choose The Cruiser Over The Touring Bike
Author: Levi Fysh
10. How To Check The First Auto Repair In Any Local Garage
Author: Mark Josesh
11. How To Know Hydraulic Hose System Design
Author: Ryan gary
12. Simulators In Mining Industry
Author: Eesha Zaveri
13. How To Manage A Down Payment For Your Next Car?
Author: Williams Orchard
14. Types Of Forklifts Their Use And Advantages
Author: Raunak Kadam
15. Why You Should Have A Portable Jump Starters For Cars – Reasons!
Author: Anthony Farinola