ALL >> Marketing >> View Article
Information Security Management Roles & Responsibilities According To Iso 27001
Total Articles: 12
Assigning and communicating roles and responsibilities is important, because that is how all employees in the company will know what is expected of them, what their impact is on information security, and how they can contribute. But, ISO 27001 Certification allows you to do it in a way that is natural for your business, and that does not introduce additional overhead
Top management should assign top-level responsibilities and authorities for two main aspects:
First are the responsibilities for ensuring that the ISMS fulfil the requirements of ISO 27001 Certification.
And second are the responsibilities for monitoring the performance of the ISMS and reporting to top management
Information Security Roles requirements in ISO 27001
There are a lot of different functional roles and responsibilities for Information Security. ISO 27001 distinguishes following roles:
Client for measurement: the management or other interested parties,
Reviewer: validates that the developed measurement constructs are appropriate for assessing the effectiveness,
Information owner: responsible for the measurement,
Information collector: responsible for collecting, recording and storing the data
Information communicator: responsible for first data analysis and the communication of measurement results.
Primary Responsibility of Information Security
Maintains and updates an ISMS vulnerability dashboard to keep track or organizational weakness and present to the management for decisions.
Enterprise project or program office - Verifies and performs risk assessment for any new product/project/customer acquisition.
Document Controller for all ISMS related documentation.
Identification of new threats/vulnerabilities and reporting to relevant stakeholders in relation to enterprise information risk.
Responsible for reporting full or part of the ISMS performance on a monthly basis.
This Roles and Responsibilities are aligned with the controls and requirements in ISO 27001 Certification. It is important to understand these requirements because a compliant document is about much more than structure and format - compliance requires allocating responsibility for information security in your organization according to ISO 27001 principles.
Dacey Lyle is ISO 27001 consultant. She is an expert on information security and on the ISO 27001 information security standard in particular. She has published a number of technical articles and blog on ISO 27001 certification for Information Security Management System.
Marketing Articles1. Get Easy Packaging With Our Packaging Material Dubai At Reasonable Rates
Author: nbm pack
2. How To Hire A Good Pr Firm?
Author: Russell Johnson
3. Choosing Out The Best Laundry Equipment Supplier Dubai
Author: Wahat Al Dhafrah
4. Making Sure Your Business Is Using Cutting-edge Marketing Tool!
Author: Anil Kumar
5. Time Management: Finding Time For The All Important Task Of Small Business Marketing
Author: Ian Marsh
6. Make Setup And Installation Of Industrial Pallet Shelving
Author: abazar shelving
7. Importance Of Packaging Materials In Dubai
Author: nbm pack
8. Bulk Sms Provider In Gurgaon | Easysandesh
Author: Ankush Gupta
9. Dynamics 365 Crm Software For Marketing
Author: Sonika Vishwakrma
10. A Simple Guide To Start Listing Keywords
Author: Simplified Social Media Optimization
11. Understanding The Value Of Creating Inbound Links For Your Online Business
Author: Bob Smith
12. Choose Startups For Career Growth
Author: Nita Desai
13. Key Factors To Consider Before Hiring An Advertising Agency For Your Startup
14. Seo Strategy To Get Mobile Apps Ranked In Serps
15. Sales Decreasing? The Best Ways To Enhance Your Business Sales Approach
Author: Ian Marsh