ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Do Not Miss To Visit These 7 Places When In Gangtok
Total Articles: 141
Gangtok is the capital of Sikkim located at the far east of India. People that have a special liking for nature and its beauty will be more than surprised to see the picturesque Gangtok in all its glory. The view of the city from the hotels in Gangtok is nothing but mesmerizing. Here are 7 places that you should definitely visit when in Gangtok:
1. Get Lost in The Beauty of The Tsongmo Lake
Tsongmo Lake has situated about 35 Km from the main city of Gangtok and a must visit tourist attraction while visiting Gangtok. The lake is surrounded by the mountains and has clear water. It is considered holy by the native people.
2. Pray to Lord Ganesha at Ganesh Tok
Ganesh Tok is a very small temple dedicated to Lord Ganesha at a height of 6,500m above the sea level. The reason to visit Ganesh Tok is not only the ancient times but also the picturesque view of the whole city.
3. Climb the Nathula Pass
Nathula Pass is one of the most famous and the highest motor mountain pass in the world. It leads to the Nathu La that is located at a height of 4,310 m from the sea level. If you are fit and do not have any problems with heights, this is an experience you should not miss.
4. Explore the Flora and Fauna at The Kyongnosla Alpine Sanctuary
While going to the Nathula pass you can visit the Kyngnosla Alpine Wildlife century. If you just want to walk around and take in the natural beauty of Sikkim, this 31 sq km wildlife century is a must visit for you. Stay at the budget hotels in Gangtok and take a trip from there.
5. Get to Know the Ancient Tibetan Culture at Namgyal Institute of Tibetology
Gangtok has a huge ancient Tibetan culture that can be explored at the Namgyal Institute of Technology. All the history buffs can visit this beautifully designed museum that holds a collection of various artifacts, manuscripts and much more.
6. Do Some Soul Searching at The Different Monasteries
There are numerous monasteries in and around Gangtok that can be visited. All of these have a beautiful calm environment and are located in the most astonishing surroundings. The most famous ones are Enchey Monastery, Rumtek Monastery, Pemayangste Monastery etc.
7. Take a Walk Around the MG Road
MG Road or the Mahatma Gandhi Road is a famous area in Gangtok where you will find different shops and eateries. This is a long road where you can take a stroll in the evening and buy some souvenirs to take back home.
These are the places that are situated close to the Gangtok city. However, there are numerous other places that can be visited if you do not have a problem in traveling a few extra kilometers. Sikkim and Gangtok are heaven on earth and make a great spot to spend a peaceful vacation in the laps of nature.
Travel Articles1. Spectacular Engagement Celebration With Party Buses For Rent
Author: David WILSON
2. Reaching Honeymoon Status With Town Car Service Washington Dc
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Yacht Charter In Greece Bid The Best Luxury Option For Corporate Event And Client Entertainment
Author: George Iatridis
4. Hue Day Trips- A Nice Option To Discover The Beautiful Country Of Vietnam
Author: Le Xuan Son
5. Follow These 7 Tips To Become A Smart Traveler For The Next Trip!
Author: Manisha Nigam
6. Think Less And Travel More And Get Rid Of Routine-bound Life
Author: John Watson
7. 6 Must Visit Temples Of Mysore For Religious Tourists
Author: Manisha Nigam
8. El Salvador Tourist Visa For Indian Citizen
9. Why Egypt Tour Packages Will Make You Go Wow
Author: Ayad Mohamed
10. Remember Your Wedding Well With Car Service In Houston
Author: Remember Your Wedding Well with Car Service in Hou
11. Exploring Historical Points Of Rajasthan With Udaipur Taxi Online
Author: bheru lal
12. What Can Teens Do In A Denver Party Bus On Prom Night?
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
13. Diverse Honeymoon Travel With A Wedding Or Prom Limo Rental Pittsburgh
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
14. Experience A Wedding Limousine Rental In Atlanta And All Of The Advantages From It
Author: JOHN WICK
15. 6 Places You Must Explore During Your Tenerife Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe