ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Do Not Miss To Visit These 7 Places When In Gangtok
Total Articles: 180
Gangtok is the capital of Sikkim located at the far east of India. People that have a special liking for nature and its beauty will be more than surprised to see the picturesque Gangtok in all its glory. The view of the city from the hotels in Gangtok is nothing but mesmerizing. Here are 7 places that you should definitely visit when in Gangtok:
1. Get Lost in The Beauty of The Tsongmo Lake
Tsongmo Lake has situated about 35 Km from the main city of Gangtok and a must visit tourist attraction while visiting Gangtok. The lake is surrounded by the mountains and has clear water. It is considered holy by the native people.
2. Pray to Lord Ganesha at Ganesh Tok
Ganesh Tok is a very small temple dedicated to Lord Ganesha at a height of 6,500m above the sea level. The reason to visit Ganesh Tok is not only the ancient times but also the picturesque view of the whole city.
3. Climb the Nathula Pass
Nathula Pass is one of the most famous and the highest motor mountain pass in the world. It leads to the Nathu La that is located at a height of 4,310 m from the sea level. If you are fit and do not have any problems with heights, this is an experience you should not miss.
4. Explore the Flora and Fauna at The Kyongnosla Alpine Sanctuary
While going to the Nathula pass you can visit the Kyngnosla Alpine Wildlife century. If you just want to walk around and take in the natural beauty of Sikkim, this 31 sq km wildlife century is a must visit for you. Stay at the budget hotels in Gangtok and take a trip from there.
5. Get to Know the Ancient Tibetan Culture at Namgyal Institute of Tibetology
Gangtok has a huge ancient Tibetan culture that can be explored at the Namgyal Institute of Technology. All the history buffs can visit this beautifully designed museum that holds a collection of various artifacts, manuscripts and much more.
6. Do Some Soul Searching at The Different Monasteries
There are numerous monasteries in and around Gangtok that can be visited. All of these have a beautiful calm environment and are located in the most astonishing surroundings. The most famous ones are Enchey Monastery, Rumtek Monastery, Pemayangste Monastery etc.
7. Take a Walk Around the MG Road
MG Road or the Mahatma Gandhi Road is a famous area in Gangtok where you will find different shops and eateries. This is a long road where you can take a stroll in the evening and buy some souvenirs to take back home.
These are the places that are situated close to the Gangtok city. However, there are numerous other places that can be visited if you do not have a problem in traveling a few extra kilometers. Sikkim and Gangtok are heaven on earth and make a great spot to spend a peaceful vacation in the laps of nature.
Travel Articles1. Reduce Your Cost Of Travel With Cheap Flight Deals
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
2. Are You Looking For Bali Holiday Packages
Author: John Weds
3. International Shimla Summer Festival
4. New Zealand Work Permit Consultants
Author: Oasis Resource Management
5. 9 Naturally Beautiful But Uncommon Places To Visit In Delhi
Author: jagjit singh
6. How To Search A Good Taxi Service In Udaipur
7. Travel Technology Solutions Can Help Your Business Grow!
Author: Glenn Dean
8. 6 Doubts About Work Visa To Be Cleared By You
Author: Jason Briggs
9. Best Monsoon Treks In Nepal
Author: Basanta Limbu
10. Enjoy Trekking In Beautiful Destination To Make Your Vacation Joyful
11. Rejoice Well By Planning To Upper Mustang Trekking Anytime
12. Perto Princesa: Home Of The Longest Underground River
13. Take The Better Trekking Experience In Nepal Region
14. Delightful And Adventurous Upper Mustang Trek For This Vacation
15. Fairy Tale Worthy Honeymoon Experiences With Car Service Of Sacramento
Author: Enny Lee