ALL >> Family >> View Article
Elder Health Care And Senior Citizen Homes Facilities Provided By Ngos
Total Articles: 35
The biophysical process of ageing is accompanied by a steady degradation in the responsiveness of the reflexes. This is also accompanied by a gradual decrease in both the mental as well as physical capabilities. But the process of ageing can get hastened due to certain social factors like:
• The approach of a sudden phase of inactivity post retirement,
• The loss of close family and friends,
• Isolation and loneliness leading to depression,
• Onset of several health problems,
• Reduction in one’s self confidence and worth etc.
Since all of these factors result in a decline in the physical well-being of the elderly people, home support for the elderly becomes a necessity. This need can be fulfilled in two ways:
• By employing a full time care giver or attendant who will look after the needs of the elderly with regards to things like physical exercise, routine medicine etc. and
• By shifting the elderly to the old age homes and resorts run by both private and charitable institutions.
Another area of concern for the elderly is the availability of health care. Elderly people need a thorough health check-up at least once a month. This helps to:
• Ensure continued good health for the elderly,
• Prevent the onset of any additional health complications
• In case of appearance of any ailment, start immediate treatment to prevent it from spreading.
Thus elder health care is a mandatory part of care giving which cannot be compromised with in any way. NGOs play a very proactive role in this as they help to organise health camps and have mobile health care facilities so that even people who are not so financially well off, can also be looked after properly. This is a huge source of comfort for both:
• People who are not in a position to opt for expensive health care options and
• People who are not in a physical condition to move out of their homes for availing health care facilities.
While elderly people, especially those who are afflicted with geriatric conditions, can be physically taken care of even in their homes, it becomes difficult to do away with the loneliness and boredom that they face. In fact paucity of time is a harsh reality in this fast paced world that we live in. Hence even if there is a will to spend quality time with their elders, the young generation is not able to do so. This is where senior citizen homes set up by NGOs can be of a great help. Shifting elders to these old age homes helps them to:
• Find people of their age group with common interests,
• Be able to have a ready doctor at hand for any emergencies,
• Get good physical care round the clock,
• Ensure medications are taken on time,
• Other requirements with regards to the food are met in a routine manner etc.
In fact with so many facilities being provided by NGOs in the homes for the elderly set up by them, the sons, daughters and other relatives can also lead a relieved and peaceful life. This also ensures that the younger generation gets to spend quality time with their elderly thereby giving them many more happy memories to cherish.
Family Articles1. Factors That Can Affect Your Chance Of Getting Pregnant
Author: Swati Desai
2. 7 Tips To Treat Pcos With Proper Diet
Author: Swati Desai
3. Tips To Choose The Right Life Partner
Author: Abhimanyu Singh
4. Should You Hire A Nanny?
Author: alma milerr
5. Assess The Help Of A Caregiver
Author: Alma miller
6. How Efficient Is An Online Matrimony In India?
7. Express Your Feelings With The Finest Flowers
8. Vacation Deals Guideline - What To Appearance For Inside Family Holidays
Author: Ross Barkely
9. Telugu Marriage | Matrimonial Sites In India | Marriage Beuro Telugu
10. Is It Time To Hire Childcare Provider?
Author: alma miller
11. The Aged Care Sunshine Coast Offer Best Home Care Packages For The Elderly To Lead An Independent Li
12. 7 Best Useful Tips To Find Your Life Partner
13. Environmental Allergy: A Complete Overview Of This Health Issue In Dogs
Author: Jennifer Miller
14. Absorb More Vitamin C With Now Vitamin C Powder!
Author: Owen Thomson
15. 5 Days Of Diwali 2017
Author: Pooja Joshi