ALL >> Family >> View Article
Elder Health Care And Senior Citizen Homes Facilities Provided By Ngos
Total Articles: 60
The biophysical process of ageing is accompanied by a steady degradation in the responsiveness of the reflexes. This is also accompanied by a gradual decrease in both the mental as well as physical capabilities. But the process of ageing can get hastened due to certain social factors like:
• The approach of a sudden phase of inactivity post retirement,
• The loss of close family and friends,
• Isolation and loneliness leading to depression,
• Onset of several health problems,
• Reduction in one’s self confidence and worth etc.
Since all of these factors result in a decline in the physical well-being of the elderly people, home support for the elderly becomes a necessity. This need can be fulfilled in two ways:
• By employing a full time care giver or attendant who will look after the needs of the elderly with regards to things like physical exercise, routine medicine etc. and
• By shifting the elderly to the old age homes and resorts run by both private and charitable institutions.
Another area of concern for the elderly is the availability of health care. Elderly people need a thorough health check-up at least once a month. This helps to:
• Ensure continued good health for the elderly,
• Prevent the onset of any additional health complications
• In case of appearance of any ailment, start immediate treatment to prevent it from spreading.
Thus elder health care is a mandatory part of care giving which cannot be compromised with in any way. NGOs play a very proactive role in this as they help to organise health camps and have mobile health care facilities so that even people who are not so financially well off, can also be looked after properly. This is a huge source of comfort for both:
• People who are not in a position to opt for expensive health care options and
• People who are not in a physical condition to move out of their homes for availing health care facilities.
While elderly people, especially those who are afflicted with geriatric conditions, can be physically taken care of even in their homes, it becomes difficult to do away with the loneliness and boredom that they face. In fact paucity of time is a harsh reality in this fast paced world that we live in. Hence even if there is a will to spend quality time with their elders, the young generation is not able to do so. This is where senior citizen homes set up by NGOs can be of a great help. Shifting elders to these old age homes helps them to:
• Find people of their age group with common interests,
• Be able to have a ready doctor at hand for any emergencies,
• Get good physical care round the clock,
• Ensure medications are taken on time,
• Other requirements with regards to the food are met in a routine manner etc.
In fact with so many facilities being provided by NGOs in the homes for the elderly set up by them, the sons, daughters and other relatives can also lead a relieved and peaceful life. This also ensures that the younger generation gets to spend quality time with their elderly thereby giving them many more happy memories to cherish.
Family Articles1. Common Skin Problems And Newborn Skin Care Tips
2. Take A Break From Your Responsibilities By Availing Respite Care Sunshine Coast Services
3. Why Do Seniors Injure Themselves More As They Age?
Author: David DuPont
4. How Can A Ca Live-in Care Agency Help?
Author: Gabriel Fulton
5. The Home Care Sunshine Coast Offer Best Services For The Elders To Lead A Quality Lifestyle
6. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Take Care Of Your Elders
7. What To Look In A Mail Order Brides Online? More Information For You To Find Out Here!
8. 7 Powerful Ways To Program Love To Children
9. All You Should Know About Making Donations To The Ngos In India
10. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Offer Quality Lifestyle For Your Elders
11. Relationship Therapy Nederland Can Help You Understand Your Loved Ones In A Better Way!
Author: Angelika Matthias
12. Avail 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Services To Look After Your Elders At Home
13. Top Tips To Help Seniors Have A Happy Holiday Season
Author: Sudhir Singh
14. Building A Circle Of Friends In Your Senior Years
Author: Sudhir Singh
15. The 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Is The Best Option For Elderly Care At Home