ALL >> Travel >> View Article
4 Popular And Best Foods To Eat When In South Africa
Total Articles: 15
South Africa is a beautiful country with a lot to offer in terms of culture, entertainment, nature and even food. South Africa is home to quite a number of delicious, savoury and mouth-watering cuisines to savour and enjoy. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 4 popular and best foods to eat when in South Africa.
Cape Malay Curry
This dish is one of the widespread curry dishes in South Africa and is known for combining sweet and savory flavours using sweet spices like cinnamon and ginger, dried fruit (especially dried apricots), and savory seasonings like garlic and onions. This delicious South African delicacy basically consists of chicken thighs spiced up in South African curry and packed with flavourful spices. It is usually served with a side dish of sweet and fragrant rice.
This is a traditional South African food and a ‘mainstay on the South African dinner table’. Chakalaka is a classic vegetable dish and a relish of tomatoes, carrots, baked beans and chillies with curry powder. This mouth-watering cuisine typically involves making gravy from chopped tomatoes and onions, then adding grated carrot, chillies, garlic, grated cabbage and/or diced cauliflower. The mixture is cooked until soft and seasoned as appropriate to bring out its rich taste. It is mainly served cold together with Pap (a starchy dish made from white corn maize), along with barbecued meat, breads, salad and stews.
This is a type of sausage that’s very popular in South Africa. It’s basically made of seasoned pork or from coarsely minced beef, sometimes combined with minced lamb and spices (typically toasted coriander seed, black pepper, nutmeg, cloves and allspice). It’s mostly prepared outside, where it’s grilled in an electric griller, or it can prepared indoors by baking in an oven.
Braai/ Shisha Nyama
This is a very popular meal in South Africa and is largely considered a part of the South African eating experience. This meal largely consists of barbecued meat and is usually accompanied with maize porridge (Pap en Vleis) and a cold glass of beer. The barbecued meat usually comprises of beef, chicken, pork, lamb or sausages.
Travel Articles1. Thrilling And Satisfying Wedding Road Trip Charter Bus Service Through Austin
2. Glamorize Transport For Wedding Guests With Dulles Airport Car Service
Author: Dulles Limo Service
3. Visit Bangpra International Golf Club Course Under Asian Golf Trips
Author: David Patrick
4. Best Family Cottages In Ooty
5. Achieve Wedding Transportation In Dc Impressively
Author: Saied Luliah
6. A Complete Guide To Bed And Breakfasts In Seldovia
7. Protect Your Wedding Day By Booking Cheap Limo Service
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
8. Guide To Sardar Garh Heritage Hotel
Author: Sardargarh Heritage Hotel
9. Malta Tourist Visa For Indian Citizens
Author: svs visa services
10. The Mysterious Cambodia
Author: The mysterious Cambodia
11. Low-key, Romantic Wedding Plans With Cheap Car Service In Houston
Author: Cheap Car Service Houston
12. Make The Most Of Your Trip By Exploring Resorts Near Gurgaon For Weekends.
Author: Aravali Resorts
13. Weddings Require Suitable And Appropriate Limo Service In Dc
Author: Dc Limousine Service
14. Safaris In Tanzania
Author: Joseph Reeves
15. Arrange Easy Wedding Plans With A Competent San Diego Car Service
Author: San Diego Car Service