ALL >> Travel >> View Article
4 Popular And Best Foods To Eat When In South Africa
Total Articles: 30
South Africa is a beautiful country with a lot to offer in terms of culture, entertainment, nature and even food. South Africa is home to quite a number of delicious, savoury and mouth-watering cuisines to savour and enjoy. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 4 popular and best foods to eat when in South Africa.
Cape Malay Curry
This dish is one of the widespread curry dishes in South Africa and is known for combining sweet and savory flavours using sweet spices like cinnamon and ginger, dried fruit (especially dried apricots), and savory seasonings like garlic and onions. This delicious South African delicacy basically consists of chicken thighs spiced up in South African curry and packed with flavourful spices. It is usually served with a side dish of sweet and fragrant rice.
This is a traditional South African food and a ‘mainstay on the South African dinner table’. Chakalaka is a classic vegetable dish and a relish of tomatoes, carrots, baked beans and chillies with curry powder. This mouth-watering cuisine typically involves making gravy from chopped tomatoes and onions, then adding grated carrot, chillies, garlic, grated cabbage and/or diced cauliflower. The mixture is cooked until soft and seasoned as appropriate to bring out its rich taste. It is mainly served cold together with Pap (a starchy dish made from white corn maize), along with barbecued meat, breads, salad and stews.
This is a type of sausage that’s very popular in South Africa. It’s basically made of seasoned pork or from coarsely minced beef, sometimes combined with minced lamb and spices (typically toasted coriander seed, black pepper, nutmeg, cloves and allspice). It’s mostly prepared outside, where it’s grilled in an electric griller, or it can prepared indoors by baking in an oven.
Braai/ Shisha Nyama
This is a very popular meal in South Africa and is largely considered a part of the South African eating experience. This meal largely consists of barbecued meat and is usually accompanied with maize porridge (Pap en Vleis) and a cold glass of beer. The barbecued meat usually comprises of beef, chicken, pork, lamb or sausages.
Travel Articles1. Spectacular Engagement Celebration With Party Buses For Rent
Author: David WILSON
2. Reaching Honeymoon Status With Town Car Service Washington Dc
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Yacht Charter In Greece Bid The Best Luxury Option For Corporate Event And Client Entertainment
Author: George Iatridis
4. Hue Day Trips- A Nice Option To Discover The Beautiful Country Of Vietnam
Author: Le Xuan Son
5. Follow These 7 Tips To Become A Smart Traveler For The Next Trip!
Author: Manisha Nigam
6. Think Less And Travel More And Get Rid Of Routine-bound Life
Author: John Watson
7. 6 Must Visit Temples Of Mysore For Religious Tourists
Author: Manisha Nigam
8. El Salvador Tourist Visa For Indian Citizen
9. Why Egypt Tour Packages Will Make You Go Wow
Author: Ayad Mohamed
10. Remember Your Wedding Well With Car Service In Houston
Author: Remember Your Wedding Well with Car Service in Hou
11. Exploring Historical Points Of Rajasthan With Udaipur Taxi Online
Author: bheru lal
12. What Can Teens Do In A Denver Party Bus On Prom Night?
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
13. Diverse Honeymoon Travel With A Wedding Or Prom Limo Rental Pittsburgh
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
14. Experience A Wedding Limousine Rental In Atlanta And All Of The Advantages From It
Author: JOHN WICK
15. 6 Places You Must Explore During Your Tenerife Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe