ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Add A Value To Your Property By Installing Louvre Shutter
Total Articles: 61
Louvre shutters add great value to your property and if hurricanes even like Irma category 5 hit your home, you do not have to board up your windows if you have louvre shutters installed – that's how they add value to your property.
In fact, Louvre shutters can not protect your home from storms and hurricanes, they add an extra layer of security to your property and you will feel less insecure than having just glass doors and windows. You can add louvre shutters to even large doors such as those fitted on balconies by adding bi-fold and three-fold louvre shutters.
Most folks assume that adding louvre shutters is a big headache – not true. You can just visit shops such as Apollo blinds, Sydney and they will come over, measure your window(s) and or door(s) and also do the fitting for you. You even get to choose the type of louvre shutters you like and colours too so they match the home décor.
If you are a DIY kind of person than making louver shutters is real easy-busy. The secret is in a jig for use with your favourite router. Firstly, you cut the rails and stiles for your particular set of wooden louvers.
Knowing that each slat in the louvers will require one vertical inch of space, you should leave a 1/8" gap for each adjacent slats (top and bottom). For example, if you require a 2' tall opening for the louvers, you'll need to have a opening that is 2-feet and one quarter inch and insert 24 angled slats at exactly one-inch intervals. Also, you will need 1/4" deep groove so the slats must be formed half inch more than the width of the opening. In this way you can add value to your property.
You can make louvres for anything be it doors or windows you just need to know the dimensions of the opening. You can even use your best judgement as to how wide each of the stiles and rails should be ripped to maintain the integrity and give it a decent look. And when making the slats, be sure to cut a few extra slats – just in case one or two get spoilt during the making.
For those of you who would rather visit apollo blinds and buy read-to-use Louvre Shutters Online, you select them by figuring out your desired privacy and airflow. This will dictate the size and gap between the slats. Next is to figure out the louvre will handle the desired air volume flow while providing adequate privacy and rain resistance:
If all this seems a bit too complex or complicated don't worry. Just head directly to Apollo Blinds, Sydney or any of the branch outlets all over Australia and ask them for assistance in selecting the right Louvre Shutters Online for your home. You can also visit their website here: http://apolloblinds.com.au for Online Timber Venetian Blinds.
Home and Garden Articles1. Get A Window Mesh To Keep The Insects Away
2. 6 Advantages Of Cleaners In Canberra
Author: Tom Velko
3. Get Quality Solutions On Waterproofing And Maintain Your Property
Author: Jordan Curr
4. Types Of Fencing Put Up By The Homeowners In The Present Time And Its Worth
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. Reasons Why You Should Use Advanced Mowing & Maintenance's Expert Lawn Care Service
Author: Rodney Back
6. Things To Consider While Developing A New Garage In Your Home
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What To Keep In Mind While Planning Your Home Design
Author: Adam Leworthy
8. Why To Choose Memory Foam Mattress?
Author: Shamia Akram
9. Relying On A Pool Compliance Service Provider Is Essential To Make Your Pool Safe
Author: David Donvito
10. Benefits Of Having A Pest Control East Bay Ca Done!
Author: Todd Purvis
11. Ideas On How You Can Create Privacy For Your Home
Author: Chloe Kellaway
12. How To Keep Your Roof Ceiling And Soffit In Good Condition For Years
Author: Brayden Haritos
13. Kitchen Waste To Compost Conversion In 4 Hours
Author: Anu kapoor
14. Cool Tips On Keeping Your Scaffolding Strong & Durable For Years
Author: Suzane Bogdana
15. Situations When Regular Rug Cleaning Becomes Essential
Author: Alyssa Ramsden