ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Add A Value To Your Property By Installing Louvre Shutter
Total Articles: 61
Louvre shutters add great value to your property and if hurricanes even like Irma category 5 hit your home, you do not have to board up your windows if you have louvre shutters installed – that's how they add value to your property.
In fact, Louvre shutters can not protect your home from storms and hurricanes, they add an extra layer of security to your property and you will feel less insecure than having just glass doors and windows. You can add louvre shutters to even large doors such as those fitted on balconies by adding bi-fold and three-fold louvre shutters.
Most folks assume that adding louvre shutters is a big headache – not true. You can just visit shops such as Apollo blinds, Sydney and they will come over, measure your window(s) and or door(s) and also do the fitting for you. You even get to choose the type of louvre shutters you like and colours too so they match the home décor.
If you are a DIY kind of person than making louver shutters is real easy-busy. The secret is in a jig for use with your favourite router. Firstly, you cut the rails and stiles for your particular set of wooden louvers.
Knowing that each slat in the louvers will require one vertical inch of space, you should leave a 1/8" gap for each adjacent slats (top and bottom). For example, if you require a 2' tall opening for the louvers, you'll need to have a opening that is 2-feet and one quarter inch and insert 24 angled slats at exactly one-inch intervals. Also, you will need 1/4" deep groove so the slats must be formed half inch more than the width of the opening. In this way you can add value to your property.
You can make louvres for anything be it doors or windows you just need to know the dimensions of the opening. You can even use your best judgement as to how wide each of the stiles and rails should be ripped to maintain the integrity and give it a decent look. And when making the slats, be sure to cut a few extra slats – just in case one or two get spoilt during the making.
For those of you who would rather visit apollo blinds and buy read-to-use Louvre Shutters Online, you select them by figuring out your desired privacy and airflow. This will dictate the size and gap between the slats. Next is to figure out the louvre will handle the desired air volume flow while providing adequate privacy and rain resistance:
If all this seems a bit too complex or complicated don't worry. Just head directly to Apollo Blinds, Sydney or any of the branch outlets all over Australia and ask them for assistance in selecting the right Louvre Shutters Online for your home. You can also visit their website here: http://apolloblinds.com.au for Online Timber Venetian Blinds.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Know About Interior Sliding Glass Doors For The Modern Home Or Office?
Author: Lyle Ganske
2. Tips And Tricks For Perth Kitchen Renovations
Author: the maker
3. Tropical Flowers: 4 Reasons Why They Make A Good Choice
Author: Tom Robinson
4. What To Watch Out For When Water Damage Occurs
Author: ServiceMaster by Wright
5. Key Factors That You Should Consider Choosing Emergency Plumber
Author: Bryson Kaleb
6. How To Buy The Right Bed Mattress Under Your Budget?
Author: Harish Chauhan
7. How To Choose The Best Window Blinds For Home Improvement
Author: Impress Blinds
8. The Increasing Importance Of Plant Protection & Its Approaches
Author: Paul Gooderham
9. How To Decrease Your Landscape Maintenance Hassle
Author: Brodie Clogstoun
10. Fall Maintenance Tips For Your Fauquier Horse Barn
Author: Bryson Kaleb
11. Pest Control For Saving Homes And Furniture Becomes Digitally Enhanced
Author: Jordan Romilly
12. Thinking Of Putting Up A Fence? Have A Look At Its Variants At First
Author: Michael Gilmore
13. Ways How You Can Save Your Roof From Premature Death
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. Why To Hire Experts When You Plan To Buy A Property?
Author: Adam Leworthy
15. Important Criteria For Choosing A Horse Barn Shed
Author: Bryson Kaleb