ALL >> Others >> View Article
Survival Tips For Your Air Conditioning Unit For The Hurricane Season
Total Articles: 3
New Port Richey in Florida is extremely vulnerable to hurricanes. Did you know that 70 violent storms followed by heavy downpours have been recorded so far in the city since 1930? In 2013, people in the city experienced high winds. Every year the hurricane season in New Port Richey comes with a couple of thunderstorms and thus, takes its toll on some home appliances such as your home air conditioner that remain exposed to the rain or high winds. Air conditioners, being one such appliance, becomes highly damage-prone in this season. However, a little maintenance can help the owners of air conditioning units in New Port Richey to save money on repair works. Here are a few tips to prepare your home AC for the hurricane season:
Plan an Inspection Schedule
Planning an inspection session before the hurricane season keeps you alert about the issues in your air conditioning unit before the problems get too serious. For instance, if any of the components like the exterior housing is missing or damaged, an experienced HVAC technician will help you fix these issues.
Take the Pre-Hurricane Preparations
The items such as plywood, tarps, and hurricane straps protect the big outdoor HVAC equipment during storms. Besides covering any external components, you must also protect any loose items from your backyard. A violent storm may pick up unfastened items such as pool accessories or lawn furniture and hit the external AC equipment. Therefore, never leave any loose objects outside. Do not forget to check the condition of hooks that fasten the outdoor equipment, as corroded ones do not provide much protection.
Turn off the AC: Power surges harm the electrical appliances, including your HVAC system. It can occur either when lightning strikes or because of downed electrical lines. Avoiding a sudden hike in power is next to impossible during thunderstorms, although you can nullify its effects taking some simple measures. Firstly, keep the AC unplugged during a cloudburst. You can even equip the unit with a surge protector to provide additional security. Now, your AC is ready to withstand storms or high winds.
Do Not Forget After-storm Care
After the storm passes, do not rush to turn on the AC. There may be some minor damages like broken outer parts or infiltration of debris inside the unit, which needs immediate attention. Hence, never overlook the after-storm inspection to avoid major issues later. The things that need focus are:
• Condenser: The condenser, being mounted on the exterior part, has the maximum risk to being damaged by debris. Uncover this part keeping the AC turned off and check the fan, tubes, and cooling fins. If there find cracks or chips on the fan blades, seek help from experts to replace it.
• Fins: The dust accumulation on this part affects the system efficiency by reducing the air flow. The best way to remove debris from here is taking it out and washing with water. However, be gentle as the fins are highly delicate. For particularly dirty ones, use commercial cleaning agents for best results.
• Damage to the external unit: After the storm has subsided, check the area around the outer unit for possible signs of damage. Inspect frayed wires, leakage or flooding issues, burn marks, projectile damage, and movement of the system. Avoid switching on the unit and consult a professional AC technician instead.
A damaged unit after a hurricane is not safe to use. Therefore, always consult with an air conditioning expert in New Port Richey for an inspection. Thunderstorms are common in the Sunshine State. Therefore, we recommend you to adopt a few safety measures to keep your home and appliances safe.
Others Articles1. Logistics And Supply Chain Management Software
Author: Dhwani Khatri
2. The Accessories You Use In A Bird Cage
Author: alma miller
3. Ivf Treatment - A Ray Of Hope Against Infertility!
Author: Patrick Quinn
4. Simple Steps Which Will Help You Learn Hc Trucks Easily
Author: 1800 Drivers
5. Ice Cream For The Win
Author: Joseph Rubino
6. Placement Consultants In Delhi
Author: VHR Professionals
7. Online Pandit For Namakaran Puja
Author: Online Purohiths
8. Placement Agency In New Delhi
Author: vhr professional services pvt ltd
9. Top 10 Edm Genres
Author: Your Ghost Producers
10. Ngo In Chhattisgarh And Its Mid-day Meal Impact
Author: Akshaya Patra
11. Key Advantages Of Transport Management System
Author: Dhwani Khatri
12. Art That Connects Everyone All Together
Author: William is the author of this article
13. Talk To Best Astrologers On Phone In India
Author: Future Study Online
14. Use Construction Directory To Compare Multiple Vendors For Getting Construction Materials
Author: John Smith
15. Why Should You Hire Professionals For Horizontal Rock Sawing?
Author: Jeff Owler