ALL >> Others >> View Article
Survival Tips For Your Air Conditioning Unit For The Hurricane Season
Total Articles: 3
New Port Richey in Florida is extremely vulnerable to hurricanes. Did you know that 70 violent storms followed by heavy downpours have been recorded so far in the city since 1930? In 2013, people in the city experienced high winds. Every year the hurricane season in New Port Richey comes with a couple of thunderstorms and thus, takes its toll on some home appliances such as your home air conditioner that remain exposed to the rain or high winds. Air conditioners, being one such appliance, becomes highly damage-prone in this season. However, a little maintenance can help the owners of air conditioning units in New Port Richey to save money on repair works. Here are a few tips to prepare your home AC for the hurricane season:
Plan an Inspection Schedule
Planning an inspection session before the hurricane season keeps you alert about the issues in your air conditioning unit before the problems get too serious. For instance, if any of the components like the exterior housing is missing or damaged, an experienced HVAC technician will help you fix these issues.
Take the Pre-Hurricane Preparations
The items such as plywood, tarps, and hurricane straps protect the big outdoor HVAC equipment during storms. Besides covering any external components, you must also protect any loose items from your backyard. A violent storm may pick up unfastened items such as pool accessories or lawn furniture and hit the external AC equipment. Therefore, never leave any loose objects outside. Do not forget to check the condition of hooks that fasten the outdoor equipment, as corroded ones do not provide much protection.
Turn off the AC: Power surges harm the electrical appliances, including your HVAC system. It can occur either when lightning strikes or because of downed electrical lines. Avoiding a sudden hike in power is next to impossible during thunderstorms, although you can nullify its effects taking some simple measures. Firstly, keep the AC unplugged during a cloudburst. You can even equip the unit with a surge protector to provide additional security. Now, your AC is ready to withstand storms or high winds.
Do Not Forget After-storm Care
After the storm passes, do not rush to turn on the AC. There may be some minor damages like broken outer parts or infiltration of debris inside the unit, which needs immediate attention. Hence, never overlook the after-storm inspection to avoid major issues later. The things that need focus are:
• Condenser: The condenser, being mounted on the exterior part, has the maximum risk to being damaged by debris. Uncover this part keeping the AC turned off and check the fan, tubes, and cooling fins. If there find cracks or chips on the fan blades, seek help from experts to replace it.
• Fins: The dust accumulation on this part affects the system efficiency by reducing the air flow. The best way to remove debris from here is taking it out and washing with water. However, be gentle as the fins are highly delicate. For particularly dirty ones, use commercial cleaning agents for best results.
• Damage to the external unit: After the storm has subsided, check the area around the outer unit for possible signs of damage. Inspect frayed wires, leakage or flooding issues, burn marks, projectile damage, and movement of the system. Avoid switching on the unit and consult a professional AC technician instead.
A damaged unit after a hurricane is not safe to use. Therefore, always consult with an air conditioning expert in New Port Richey for an inspection. Thunderstorms are common in the Sunshine State. Therefore, we recommend you to adopt a few safety measures to keep your home and appliances safe.
Others Articles1. Get Relaxed And Rejuvenated With Kolkata Call Girl Services!
Author: Anmalika Roy
2. German Shepherd Puppies For Sale
Author: German shepherd
3. Choose Ball Pens For The Best Writing Experience
Author: elkos pens
4. Fossil Q Machine Hybrid Review: The Next Gen Watch!
5. Obm Online Store For Clutches And Bearing
6. Johnny Cohen - Australia; Phuket, Thailand- An Inspiration To Millions
Author: Johnny Cohen
7. Great Tantriks India
Author: great tantriks india
8. Tantriks In India
Author: tantriks in india
9. Powerful Tantriks Kerala
Author: powerful tantriks kerala
10. Tantrik Baba In Jamshedpur
Author: tantrik baba in jamshedpur
11. Top Tantrik In India
Author: top tantrik in india
12. Vedic Astrology Concepts Of Zodiac Signs
Author: Future Study Online
13. Benefits Of Hiring Heavy Hauling Transportation Services Provider For Freight
14. How To Make Your Home Feel More Relaxing?
Author: Jay Cantinca
15. Indian Astrology Predictions