ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Witness Beautiful Culture Of Vadodara This Year With Your Family
Total Articles: 141
Vadodara is a city in the Indian state of Gujarat known for its cosmopolitan nature and multicultural population. As one of the most important cities in Western India, it is considered to be a hub for multiple industries and foreign exchange services. There has been a lot of investment in the city and with the construction of superb hotels in Vadodara, tourists keep coming in. Here is a short guide to the people and culture of the city:
• History: The city has a long and rich history with the earliest accounts going back to 812AD to trade settlers. The city has been ruled for many centuries by Hindu rulers such as the Guptas and the Chalukyas but Muslim rulers from the Delhi Sultanate and the Mughal Empire have also ruled here. The demography and culture of Vadodara reflect its complicated past.
• Religion: Almost 85% of the population is Hindu with Islam being the second most popular religion, practiced by about 12% of the population. However, the city is highly cosmopolitan with a diverse population made up by people from Rajasthan to Bengal. Although Hindu festivals are the most prominent, celebrations of all communities are practiced.
• Festivals: The festival of Navaratri is undoubtedly the biggest festival in the city with the famous Garba dance being a prominent feature. In fact, Vadodara is considered as one of the most important cities to practice this dance form. With many budget hotels in Vadodara now common, the festival attracts thousands of tourists each year.
• Language: There are many languages widely spoken in Vadodara such as Gujarati, English, Hindi and Marathi. As is the norm throughout Northern India, government offices at the local, state and central level all mostly use Hindi and English. Industrialized sectors mostly use English and English medium schools and colleges are widespread.
• Art and Architecture: Vadodara is famous for its rich culture and is often known as the Cultured City or Sanskari Nagar. The city is home to the Royal Gaekwad family, known for their affinity for quality art, literature, and architecture. The different buildings and monuments have influences of the traditional Indian style but Arabic influences are also present.
• Demographics: According to the last census, the total population of Vadodara just exceeds four million. The population is quite young with about 9% under the age of six. The number of males to females is almost the same and the city is home to migrant populations from different communities all over India.
Vadodara is one of the three most important and biggest cities in Gujarat with the educational establishments and cultural diversity being hallmarks of this city. The city is also home to many palaces, monuments, and museums that make it one of the most popular cities for tourists in Western India.
Travel Articles1. Spectacular Engagement Celebration With Party Buses For Rent
Author: David WILSON
2. Reaching Honeymoon Status With Town Car Service Washington Dc
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Yacht Charter In Greece Bid The Best Luxury Option For Corporate Event And Client Entertainment
Author: George Iatridis
4. Hue Day Trips- A Nice Option To Discover The Beautiful Country Of Vietnam
Author: Le Xuan Son
5. Follow These 7 Tips To Become A Smart Traveler For The Next Trip!
Author: Manisha Nigam
6. Think Less And Travel More And Get Rid Of Routine-bound Life
Author: John Watson
7. 6 Must Visit Temples Of Mysore For Religious Tourists
Author: Manisha Nigam
8. El Salvador Tourist Visa For Indian Citizen
9. Why Egypt Tour Packages Will Make You Go Wow
Author: Ayad Mohamed
10. Remember Your Wedding Well With Car Service In Houston
Author: Remember Your Wedding Well with Car Service in Hou
11. Exploring Historical Points Of Rajasthan With Udaipur Taxi Online
Author: bheru lal
12. What Can Teens Do In A Denver Party Bus On Prom Night?
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
13. Diverse Honeymoon Travel With A Wedding Or Prom Limo Rental Pittsburgh
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
14. Experience A Wedding Limousine Rental In Atlanta And All Of The Advantages From It
Author: JOHN WICK
15. 6 Places You Must Explore During Your Tenerife Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe