ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Witness Beautiful Culture Of Vadodara This Year With Your Family
Total Articles: 180
Vadodara is a city in the Indian state of Gujarat known for its cosmopolitan nature and multicultural population. As one of the most important cities in Western India, it is considered to be a hub for multiple industries and foreign exchange services. There has been a lot of investment in the city and with the construction of superb hotels in Vadodara, tourists keep coming in. Here is a short guide to the people and culture of the city:
• History: The city has a long and rich history with the earliest accounts going back to 812AD to trade settlers. The city has been ruled for many centuries by Hindu rulers such as the Guptas and the Chalukyas but Muslim rulers from the Delhi Sultanate and the Mughal Empire have also ruled here. The demography and culture of Vadodara reflect its complicated past.
• Religion: Almost 85% of the population is Hindu with Islam being the second most popular religion, practiced by about 12% of the population. However, the city is highly cosmopolitan with a diverse population made up by people from Rajasthan to Bengal. Although Hindu festivals are the most prominent, celebrations of all communities are practiced.
• Festivals: The festival of Navaratri is undoubtedly the biggest festival in the city with the famous Garba dance being a prominent feature. In fact, Vadodara is considered as one of the most important cities to practice this dance form. With many budget hotels in Vadodara now common, the festival attracts thousands of tourists each year.
• Language: There are many languages widely spoken in Vadodara such as Gujarati, English, Hindi and Marathi. As is the norm throughout Northern India, government offices at the local, state and central level all mostly use Hindi and English. Industrialized sectors mostly use English and English medium schools and colleges are widespread.
• Art and Architecture: Vadodara is famous for its rich culture and is often known as the Cultured City or Sanskari Nagar. The city is home to the Royal Gaekwad family, known for their affinity for quality art, literature, and architecture. The different buildings and monuments have influences of the traditional Indian style but Arabic influences are also present.
• Demographics: According to the last census, the total population of Vadodara just exceeds four million. The population is quite young with about 9% under the age of six. The number of males to females is almost the same and the city is home to migrant populations from different communities all over India.
Vadodara is one of the three most important and biggest cities in Gujarat with the educational establishments and cultural diversity being hallmarks of this city. The city is also home to many palaces, monuments, and museums that make it one of the most popular cities for tourists in Western India.
Travel Articles1. Numerous Benefits Of Hiring Dfw Airport Taxi Or Shuttle Service In Texas!
Author: Shaik Hossain
2. Guided Tours To The Magical Hobbiton From Tauranga
Author: Roger Simister
3. How To Enjoy Great Facilities With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
4. Stylish Rides And Low Prices With Limousine Washington Dc
Author: Stylish rides and low prices with Limousine Washin
5. Plan Your Vacation To Luton Airport- Hire Great Britain Cars
Author: jack pero
6. Rajasthan’s Top Tourist Attractions To Visit In Summer Season
Author: Swati Jain
7. Travel The Unforgettable Experience Of Africa’s Amazing Botswana And Serengeti Balloon Safaris
Author: Ombeni African Safari
8. Top Places That Compel A Solo Explorer To Travel In India
Author: Aura Voyages
9. Latin America Tourism Is Booming And Tour Operator Offers The Best Advice To Get The Most Of It!
Author: Anna Avanesova
10. Book Your Hoi An Hotel From Us
Author: Ms. Emma Tran
11. Enjoy A Variety Of Benefits With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
12. 4 Things That You Can Only Buy In Turkey
13. Get Married In San Antonio With A Wedding Party Bus San Antonio
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
14. 3 Quirkiest Bars In Melbourne That Are Straight Out Of Your Dreams
15. Wedding Guest Transportation In Phoenix Charter Bus Rental
Author: Hire Charter Bus