ALL >> Others >> View Article
Benefits And Limitations Of Porcelain And Composite Insulators
Total Articles: 17
Electrical insulators are used for preventing unwanted flow of current to the earth from its supporting points. An electronic insulator must be able to prevent flow of current as well as possess a high mechanical strength. Insulators are usually available in several sizes and specifications, as per the variegated requirements of the clients. Most of the manufacturers also offer insulators in various customized options. With the advancement of technology, insulators have been evolved over the years. There has been a construction of a wide variety of design in the construction of porcelain insulators.
Porcelain insulators are made up of ceramic materials and sometimes also referred as a ceramic insulator. These insulators are preferable where installation altitude is less than one thousand meters. They don’t expand greatly when heated.
Benefits & features:
· Porcelain insulator is more hydrophobic than glass insulators so that they take less impact of chemically aggressive elements from the outer environment.
· These insulators are also capable of enduring high amount of temperature and current. It is highly advisable to never use a hard metalized brush for cleaning the surface of porcelain insulators as protective glaze can be damaged.
· These insulators are capable of handling any size fence wire including high tensile wire, poly wire, and poly rope.
Composite insulator protects transmission equipment from high pollution levels and sabotage risks. Nowadays, these insulators are used for almost all power levels. Due to a substantial advantage of composite insulators over traditional insulators, these are widely used in electronic utilities globally and showcase superior performance under the contaminated condition.
· These insulators are lightweight and compact, thus they can easily fit into small cranes and are also easy to install and maintain in the long run.
· As composite insulators are hydrophobic in nature, they prevent water from being collected on the surface of the insulator and prevent surface currents.
· These insulators have high mechanical strength, so they can easily cover larger areas without affecting the overall productivity.
· One of the greatest advantages of a composite insulator is being pollution resistant and environmentally friendly insulator. They keep dirt and dust away, so there are no internal or external damages.
Others Articles1. Is Your Company Ready For Industry 4.0 Transformation?
Author: Arjun N
2. Recover Lost Facebook Password Via Fb Service Number +1 844 827 1201
Author: facebook hacked account recover number
3. Understanding Awg Fire Alarm Cable
Author: Greg Anixter
4. Top 5 Iphone Se Parts To Keep Your Phone Working Like New
Author: Darren Chappel
5. Simple Yet Effective Cable Trays For Easy Cable Management System
Author: Mrugesh Rana
6. Features Of Slotted Angle Racks Dubai
Author: Abazar Shelving
7. Assisted Living Vs Nursing Homes
Author: Assisted Living Facilities
8. How To Choose A Dog Daycare In Edmonton
Author: Diana Mead
9. Details Of Bakery Equipment Suppliers Dubai
Author: alrazana kitchen
10. 5 Questions For Choosing A Dog Boarding Kennels
Author: Diana Mead
11. How To Keep Your Indoor Plants Looking Fresh
Author: Michele Sokoloff
12. Use Sketch Pens For The Best Quality And Unique Artwork
Author: elkos pens
13. Top 3 Reasons To Buy And Use Fake Ids And License
Author: John Moore
14. Nagpatong Rock Formation: Nature’s Hand In Molding Awesomeness
Author: Our 7107 Island
15. Want To Save Your Money? Hire Interstate Removalists Company….
Author: Riley Evans