ALL >> Others >> View Article
Benefits And Limitations Of Porcelain And Composite Insulators
Total Articles: 17
Electrical insulators are used for preventing unwanted flow of current to the earth from its supporting points. An electronic insulator must be able to prevent flow of current as well as possess a high mechanical strength. Insulators are usually available in several sizes and specifications, as per the variegated requirements of the clients. Most of the manufacturers also offer insulators in various customized options. With the advancement of technology, insulators have been evolved over the years. There has been a construction of a wide variety of design in the construction of porcelain insulators.
Porcelain insulators are made up of ceramic materials and sometimes also referred as a ceramic insulator. These insulators are preferable where installation altitude is less than one thousand meters. They don’t expand greatly when heated.
Benefits & features:
· Porcelain insulator is more hydrophobic than glass insulators so that they take less impact of chemically aggressive elements from the outer environment.
· These insulators are also capable of enduring high amount of temperature and current. It is highly advisable to never use a hard metalized brush for cleaning the surface of porcelain insulators as protective glaze can be damaged.
· These insulators are capable of handling any size fence wire including high tensile wire, poly wire, and poly rope.
Composite insulator protects transmission equipment from high pollution levels and sabotage risks. Nowadays, these insulators are used for almost all power levels. Due to a substantial advantage of composite insulators over traditional insulators, these are widely used in electronic utilities globally and showcase superior performance under the contaminated condition.
· These insulators are lightweight and compact, thus they can easily fit into small cranes and are also easy to install and maintain in the long run.
· As composite insulators are hydrophobic in nature, they prevent water from being collected on the surface of the insulator and prevent surface currents.
· These insulators have high mechanical strength, so they can easily cover larger areas without affecting the overall productivity.
· One of the greatest advantages of a composite insulator is being pollution resistant and environmentally friendly insulator. They keep dirt and dust away, so there are no internal or external damages.
Others Articles1. Dandruff Treatment | Dandruff Control Treatment In Hyderabad
2. Ios (iphone And Ipad Development)
3. A Barstool For Every Restaurant Aesthetic
Author: Joseph Rubino
4. Marriage Astrologer In India - Kundli Matching For Marriage
Author: Future Study Online
5. Klove Studio-delivering High End Lighting For Home
Author: Klove Studio
6. Choosing Your Perfect Vapor Juice
Author: Gaius Monteyro
7. Reasons Why Online Construction Directories Is Common In Usa?
Author: John Smith
8. 5 Considerations To Make Before Trying To Replace An Ipad 4 Mini Battery Or Other Parts
Author: Darren Chappel
9. Enjoy Premium Airport Transfer Dubai By Availing Al Falasi Services
10. How To Use Spray Foam Insulation Kits
Author: Aaron Abrams
11. 4 Common Sprinkler Problems And The Ways To Get Rid Of Them
Author: Matthew Haiman
12. Important Considerations When Purchasing Ar-15 Parts And Firearms
Author: Scott Rollf
13. Mobile Motherboard Repair
14. Top 3 Apartment Smoke Detectors Types
Author: Matthew Haiman
15. Smart Tips You Must Follow To Select A Reliable Video Accessories Rental Company