ALL >> Sports >> View Article
The Uncommendable Nexus Of Captain-coach In Cricket Teams
Total Articles: 41
How important is a strong nexus between a Captain and a Coach? Is it that important to replace an existing one with a new coach only moving the captain’s way? A walk over the performance of teams on the light of the captain coach relationship shows a different scenario. It is not the captain-coach relationship that is important. In fact, no such concepts should be introduced in a game like cricket. The most important aspect for the formation of the team is the selection panel, who is supposed to do the actual job of selecting players. Any system that follows the commendation of captain-coach will not end up with a better result.
In fact, the stance of a captain is not even commendable while selecting a player. The best way to involve a captain in the procedure is to make him vote on a selected list of players by the selection panel. It is not the other way. The selection panel should not select players on recommendation of the captain. The Kumble episode in India cricket team was a sorry experience for the fraternity. Kumble removed himself for his rift with Kohli, but appointing Ravi Shastri as the coach of the team was a mere example of playing the game under the captain’s shadow. BCCI officials responsible for the selection of the coach apparently did not took the state of cricket into priority, up the state of the team’s captain.
In several cases, after a captain selects his players, there is a common trend to justify it. The captain backs up his action by using the player in favorable condition. Earlier, the England cricket team was formed with captain Joe Root on the panel. The captain selected Gary Ballance at number 3, although at that moment, there were better options for Root. The selection of Liam Dawson over Moeen Ali was also oriented towards the same tend of some favoritism from Root’s part. After the change, there was some initial success, but the team fell against Australia just in the next game.
In contrast, a strong captainship is apparent in Faf du Plessis, the South Africa Skipper. Du Plessis has been quite exemplary as a captain and his decision are well measured and well decided. His natural captainship has won tournaments for South Africa. His venture in improving the team’s performance is intensive and his advises to player changes their forms. There is a notable difference in his approach towards the coach. Thus, a strong captain coach nexus is good, but not a necessity.
The author is associated with Cricketbolo.com a popular website for cricket news and updates.
Sports Articles1. Buying The Perfect Badminton Racket Is No Child’s Play.
Author: Jeremy Hughes
2. Soccer Drill Unpacked: Goalkeeper Reaction Dives
Author: Michael Magid
3. Why Casino Roulette Online On The Internet?
4. Should Casinos See Their Future In Playtech?
5. Personal Fitness Trainer Helps In Redefining Your Fitness Objectives!
Author: Zack Ayala
6. Getting The Most From A Golf Course Guide
Author: Ian Mullins
7. Why 4-d Lottery Is More Popular Than Casino Games?
8. 4v4 To Lines Or Tiny Goals
Author: Michael Magid
9. Bangalore: The Perfect Combination Of Work And Fun
Author: Manisha Nigam
10. Four-day Test, A Breaking Test Cricket News
11. Benefits Of Using The Right Sports Management Software
Author: Srinivas Siddireddy
12. Fih Publishes New Standards For Hockey Turf And Facilities
13. Liverpool Vs Everton, Visitors May Get A Positive Result
14. Begin Your Training With Professional Basketball Trainers
Author: Houston basketball coaching
15. The Best Three U19 World Cup Cricket Live Scores So Far