ALL >> Sports >> View Article
The Uncommendable Nexus Of Captain-coach In Cricket Teams
Total Articles: 15
How important is a strong nexus between a Captain and a Coach? Is it that important to replace an existing one with a new coach only moving the captain’s way? A walk over the performance of teams on the light of the captain coach relationship shows a different scenario. It is not the captain-coach relationship that is important. In fact, no such concepts should be introduced in a game like cricket. The most important aspect for the formation of the team is the selection panel, who is supposed to do the actual job of selecting players. Any system that follows the commendation of captain-coach will not end up with a better result.
In fact, the stance of a captain is not even commendable while selecting a player. The best way to involve a captain in the procedure is to make him vote on a selected list of players by the selection panel. It is not the other way. The selection panel should not select players on recommendation of the captain. The Kumble episode in India cricket team was a sorry experience for the fraternity. Kumble removed himself for his rift with Kohli, but appointing Ravi Shastri as the coach of the team was a mere example of playing the game under the captain’s shadow. BCCI officials responsible for the selection of the coach apparently did not took the state of cricket into priority, up the state of the team’s captain.
In several cases, after a captain selects his players, there is a common trend to justify it. The captain backs up his action by using the player in favorable condition. Earlier, the England cricket team was formed with captain Joe Root on the panel. The captain selected Gary Ballance at number 3, although at that moment, there were better options for Root. The selection of Liam Dawson over Moeen Ali was also oriented towards the same tend of some favoritism from Root’s part. After the change, there was some initial success, but the team fell against Australia just in the next game.
In contrast, a strong captainship is apparent in Faf du Plessis, the South Africa Skipper. Du Plessis has been quite exemplary as a captain and his decision are well measured and well decided. His natural captainship has won tournaments for South Africa. His venture in improving the team’s performance is intensive and his advises to player changes their forms. There is a notable difference in his approach towards the coach. Thus, a strong captain coach nexus is good, but not a necessity.
The author is associated with Cricketbolo.com a popular website for cricket news and updates.
Sports Articles1. Football Drills For Goalkeepers - A Beginners Pattern!
Author: Michal Magid
2. Bike Events- Great Place For Bike Lovers To Go
Author: Jeffrey Ween
3. Rb Leipzig Vs Fc Porto Soccer Tips Uefa Champions League
4. Apoel Nicosia Vs Borussia Dortmund Betting Tips Uefa Champions League
5. Catalonia’s Independence: An End To El Clasico
Author: Kevon Robinson
6. Best Deals Only @uk Golf Deals
Author: Parveen Kumar
7. Mithali Raj Family, Bio, Career, Facts, Achievements
8. The New And Exhilarating Sport Of Zorbing
Author: Jason Maria
9. Get Customized Boat Switch Panel As Per Your Requirement
Author: Joe Dutton
10. Youth Empowerment Ngos In India
Author: Satya prakash
11. Osasuna Vs Albacete Soccer Tips And Prediction Spanish Segunda Division
12. Buying Boat Parts Online – An Important Part Of Your Boat Maintenance
Author: Joe Dutton
13. Ski-doo Snowboard Rack- The Best Winter Time Vehicles
Author: Willox Avery
14. Snooker Records And Their Importance
Author: ponting brown
15. Golf Equipment Shops - Online Vs Offline
Author: George Nicholas