ALL >> Web-Hosting >> View Article
Why Managed Colocation Services Are The Best Idea For New-age Companies
Total Articles: 15
Why Managed Colocation Services Are The Best Idea For New-Age Companies
Users say that colocation is the call of today. What with the paucity of space and time, more and more companies are taking the plunge and going all out for colocation services.
But before you jump in for these services straightaway, here’s what you should check well beforehand.
Points to ponder
Take a good look at your in-house team’s expertise. If the application infrastructure is something you can take on by yourself, your IT team can manage all the associated aspects. But if you are not confident about it, just go for managed colocation services. The team of experts at the provider’s will customize your operating software, database or web server, and take care of all related aspects too.
With time, technologies keep changing. Businesses must keep abreast of tech changes; else, they will soon lag behind the others. However, technology refreshment means tremendous capital investment. Many businesses with obsolete technologies in place find it cumbersome to bring out the changes themselves. They prefer to go with managed colocation services where the colocation provider both owns the hardware and keeps a check on its management and maintenance, which includes updating it regularly.
Benefits of Managed Colocation Services
• As mentioned before, you do not have to spend a penny on hardware and other computing components. You are also spared the costs related to hardware lifecycle management.
• There is a dedicated team of experts at your disposal, round the clock, all ready to help you out with hardware or software problems at any time of the day or night. This team ensures that they manage all the aspects of your account, including configuring and monitoring your switches, putting firewalls in place for traffic spikes, checking for pocket loss, tracking general uptime and availability, log errors or issues, and performing many other tasks that would free up your in-house team to take care of other core business chores.
• With globalization a complete reality now, you might want to manage your computing environment even when you are at a remote location. All you need to do is inform your service provider and you will be handed the right tools to do that easily.
• System administration tasks are child’s play with managed colocation services. Their team takes care of network troubleshooting, security updates, installation of supported software, and other such chores. The provider offers a dedicated storage space for routine backups of all your data.
• If the safety of your mission-critical, sensitive data and applications is at the forefront of your mind, rest assured that all data centers that offer managed colocation are redundant and completely secure. You are in excellent hands what with their multi-layered safety and security measures.
• To ensure optimal business performance and operational continuity, some managed colocation services have a monitoring system in place to track and monitor resources and services usage levels. This system alerts the support team of any services outages or technical snags.
Web Hosting Articles1. Word Press
Author: sai bhargav
2. Haloteck E-commerce Solutions In Singapore
3. Internet Marketing Tips - Follow The Tips And Succeed In Your Online Business
4. Cloud Hosting Provider - Provides Best Hosting Service At A Reasonable Cost
5. Why Extended Validation Certificate?
Author: Gaurav Maniar
6. Seo Company In Kakinada : Activities Performed By A Leading Company Prominere
7. Explanation Of Domain Validation Ssl Certificate
Author: Gaurav Maniar
8. What Type Of Web Monitoring Service Does Your Website Need?
9. Net Craft India Contact Details
10. Seo Expert: Importance Of A Talented Expert In The Seo Company
11. How To Be Prepared For Website Outage
12. How Website Downtime Affects Online Businesses
13. Monitor Your Website For Superior Site Performance
14. Quality Web Hosting And Preventing Downtime
Author: David Bowie
15. Advertisment, The Backbone Of Buisness