ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
Beast Way To Improve Your Workout
Total Articles: 1
DAY OF YOUR WORKOUT
Your workout doesn’t start when you walk into the gym—it begins when you wake up in the morning and continues throughout the day. Preparations go beyond just packing your gym bag. They start with eating the right things at the right times to increase your body’s productivity at the gym. In addition to your usual nutritional goals, you should observe these tips to power you through your workout
1. Eat slow-digesting carbs before workouts
Researchers at Loughborough University (U.K.) discovered that when athletes ate slow-digesting carbs such as whole grains for breakfast and lunch, they had lower insulin levels and burned more fat during the day. The athletes also had more endurance and burned more fat during exercise compared to those who ate fast-digesting carbs such as white bread or plain bagels. Be sure that all the meals you eat before your workout, including the one immediately before, include about 40g of slow-digesting carbs such as oatmeal, sweet potatoes, fruit, buckwheat (see tip No.4), or whole-wheat bread.
2. Avoid higher-fat meals for up to four hours before workouts
A University of Maryland School of Medicine (Baltimore) study reported that a high-fat meal blunts the ability of nitric oxide (NO) to dilate blood vessels for up to four hours. That means less blood flow to muscles and less of a muscle pump, which is even more costly if you’ve invested in an NO supplement. In the four hours before your workout, avoid eating large amounts of fats, such as the obvious fast-food fare and packaged foods (even if you’re in a mass-gaining phase).
3. Eat a green salad with your last whole-food meal before the gym
The same University of Maryland researchers also discovered that consuming a small green salad with a high-fat meal prevented the adverse effects on blood vessel dilation, likely by enhancing NO. About two hours before you hit the gym, include a green salad with low-fat dressing with your meal
IMMEDIATELY BEFORE YOUR WORKOUT
Whether you train before work or in the evening after work, there are certain things you can and should do to gear up for the battle ahead. Again, nutrition plays a part, but your supplements are what will put you over the top. Taking the right supps during this crucial window helps get your body in a position to grow from today’s session.
4. Eat buckwheat as part of your pre-workout carb intake
Buckwheat, found in buckwheat pancakes and soba noodles, is a fruit seed that’s often used as a substitute for grains. It digests slowly, which helps increase endurance and fat-burning. Buckwheat also contains a flavonoid called chiroinositol, which mimics insulin. A cup of cooked soba noodles before workouts can help get more pre-workout creatine (see tip No.5) into your muscle cells without blunting fat loss, which can occur from high insulin spikes.
5. Take 20g of whey protein and 3-5g of a creatine supplement
Researchers from Victoria University (Australia) reported that subjects who consumed a protein and creatine supplement immediately before and after workouts over a 10-week period increased muscle mass by 87%, bench press strength by 36%, squat strength by 27%, and deadlift strength by 25%, and decreased bodyfat by 3%, more than a group taking the supplement before breakfast and before bed.
Fitness Articles1. Choose North Valley Pediatric Therapy Services And Put Your Child’s Future In Good Hands
Author: Chris Lopez
2. Change Your Life With A Yoga Retreat In Rishikesh India
Author: Lisa Heden
3. Tx Pain Management Specialists
4. Follow Basic Workout Fundamentals To Get Healthy Body
Author: Kaa Yaa
5. Energy-packed, Pre-workout Food Combos!
6. Simple Ways To Keep Cholesterol Under Control
Author: Shivani Shetty
7. Super Foods That Help You Shed A Few Extra Pounds From Your Body
Author: Shreya Katyal
8. Health Fitness: Fitness Tracker Bracelet
9. Welcoming Factors Of Preeminent Branded Tapes In Australia
Author: Owen thomaon
10. Know All-round Benefits Of Sun Salutation Before You Commence
Author: Yesh Sharma
11. Know What Dentist Is !!
12. Top 7 Natural Fat Burners To Aid Your Weight Loss
13. Best Ways To Get Motivated To Lose Weight
14. Mitragyna Speciosa Strains.
Author: Abdullah Mamun
15. The Many Benefits Of Treadmill For Fitness Workout
Author: Ronald Smith