ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Simple Tips For Internet Security That Business Travelers Should Follow
Total Articles: 180
International travelers often have a lot on their plate to deal with and one issue which is often overlooked is the lack of secure access to the internet. This is why Resorts in Pushkar are spending a considerable amount of money to install reliable and secure connections for guests.
Here are a few important tips for business travelers to stay safe online:
• Password protect all devices: Most electronic gadgets on the market today already have some kind of security settings to maintain your privacy. Make sure all your devices, such as laptops, tablets, and smartphones are password protected. Some phones even have enhanced security measures such as fingerprint ID which is even better.
• Beware of public Wi-Fi: Staying offline is not an option, considering how integral a part of our life the internet has become. However, this does not mean you should use free public Wi-Fi wherever you can. In fact, this is one of the most common ways your data gets stolen and hackers get access to your phone.
• Don't share your location 24X7: It is common practice today to constantly update your social media accounts with live updates of your location and activities. This can end up having dire consequences as it makes it very easy for any anti-social or criminal to know your exact whereabouts.
• Invest in anti-virus software: Although they can be costly at first, efficient anti-virus software keeps your data safe from not only cyber criminals but also harmful software like malware and viruses. In fact, some Hotels in Pushkar have a central anti-virus system that prevents anyone from corrupting user data on the entire server.
• Keep your systems updated: A recent ransomware attack known as WannaCry affected thousands of computers around the world which were not running on the latest operating system. This shows how important it is to regularly update your devices and apps on it to never put your data at risk. New threats are arising every day on the internet and regularly updating your system helps in keeping it safe and secure.
• Change passwords regularly: Most people tend to create one password, which they think is quite strong, and proceed to use it across different accounts on different online services. This is a big mistake because if anyone of your accounts is hacked, all data on other accounts are compromised too. It is essential to regularly change passwords and there is software available that can remember and store all your passwords securely.
Nowadays hackers have become a bigger threat for many of us than thieves or robbers. With identity theft and cyber security being ever looming threats, one can never be too secure. Make sure you always use the internet in a safe and secure manner to avoid being a victim of cybercrime.
Travel Articles1. Reduce Your Cost Of Travel With Cheap Flight Deals
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
2. Are You Looking For Bali Holiday Packages
Author: John Weds
3. International Shimla Summer Festival
4. New Zealand Work Permit Consultants
Author: Oasis Resource Management
5. 9 Naturally Beautiful But Uncommon Places To Visit In Delhi
Author: jagjit singh
6. How To Search A Good Taxi Service In Udaipur
7. Travel Technology Solutions Can Help Your Business Grow!
Author: Glenn Dean
8. 6 Doubts About Work Visa To Be Cleared By You
Author: Jason Briggs
9. Best Monsoon Treks In Nepal
Author: Basanta Limbu
10. Enjoy Trekking In Beautiful Destination To Make Your Vacation Joyful
11. Rejoice Well By Planning To Upper Mustang Trekking Anytime
12. Perto Princesa: Home Of The Longest Underground River
13. Take The Better Trekking Experience In Nepal Region
14. Delightful And Adventurous Upper Mustang Trek For This Vacation
15. Fairy Tale Worthy Honeymoon Experiences With Car Service Of Sacramento
Author: Enny Lee