ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Don’t Toss Out Your Old Evergreen Content Just Yet
Total Articles: 1
The word “repurposing old content” may have been overused in the world of content marketing. But for some, they may not have taken a full grasp of how to repurpose old contents. You see, repurposing old but valuable content is no longer just about getting a fresh look of your old content it is also about resurrecting the traffic and nurturing leads.
From being a simple blog post, you can transform your evergreen contents into more creative pieces. You can turn your contents into videos, photo sets, PDFs, infographics, presentations and a lot more. With diverse content pieces, you can distribute your content to several platforms and expand your reach.
But how exactly do you repurpose old evergreen content which can drive traffic and nurture your leads? Here are some tips we can try to put into work in our next content marketing strategy.
Give Your Social Media Team Something Effective To Really Work On
So you have a very solid content published in your blog post way back a year ago. But how come it did not drive enough engagement when shared in social media despite its value?
Have you ever thought that perhaps you failed to choose the right type of content to go with your topic? That’s why it did not gather as many traffic as you expected. Content creation is not only limited to having a blog post. At some point, you need to try getting more visually creative to get attract more eyeballs on your content.
As a marketer, you need to figure out what type of content can go with certain social media channels to gain a decent number of views and engagement from their audiences. Take a look at some of these tips to transform an old blog piece into an amazing social media content.
• Increase engagement in Facebook by transforming evergreen “guides” into an explainer video.
• Transform a blog post into infographics and use Pinterest to share your content.
• Don’t just forget about your old valuable tweets. Gather your best-tweeted content, curate and create a new compelling story through Twitter Moments.
• Your product reviews might have been boring when read. Recreate them into “out of the box” videos and upload them on Youtube.
• Do you have some solid, well-research articles that did not receive enough engagement? Gather them, cite authoritative sources and create a round-up post in Linkedin.
Social media fuel your content promotion. But when the material itself is wrong, no matter how you well you promote or market it in social media, it can only do so much.
Repurpose Content To Boost Retention
Repurposing content does not necessarily mean you need to switch from one medium to another. Sometimes, you just need to give them a little makeover and they are good to go. Take for example these contents and exercise these tips to repurpose them.
Repurpose Interactive Webinars Into A Youtube Video
Have you ever hosted a webinar? You must be aware that no matter how successful your webinars are, there would still people who were not able to make it.
So don’t just toss out your webinars after the event. A month after your webinar, you might have gathered more subscribers which would be interested in your topic. In this case, you can upload the video to Youtube to gain attention or strengthen your connection with existing subscribers.
Turn Website Test Into Case Studies
Testing and experiments are valuable for the improvement of your website. You’ll be surprised to gather some relevant insights which are valuable to your readers.
Don’t just set aside the data you gathered. Turn your experiment into an awesome case study about the industry and share it with your followers.
Recreate Surveys Into A Twitter Posts
Did you previously publish statistics as a blog post but did not receive enough response from your readers? You can chunk your blog post into a series of Twitter post.
Moreover, tweets with links on them are 86% more likely to get retweets. Try chunking and tweeting your statistics and include a link to the original post drive traffic.
Chunk Infographics Into Photo Sets
Infographics are visual contents that have been proven to work most of the time. But sometimes, they just don’t drive enough eyeballs to be considered effective. In Facebook specifically, images are compressed which makes infographics not as eye-catching as it is in a blog post.
The best way you can repurpose infographics for Facebook users is to crop it into sections and upload them as photo sets. Aside from making it more appealing, it is also easy to understand since the images and texts are clearer to view and read.
Sometimes, your content does not need to undergo a major revamp. Sometimes you don’t need to recreate your content into one new media. There are times when just a little tweak of your content and with the help of a little bit of luck, you can give a new color to an old or boring content.
Different People, Different Approach
There is no such thing as “guarantees” in content marketing. If you have published a relevant, evergreen content but did not receive enough exposure or drive enough results, perhaps you should try to consider giving a new life to your post.
Experiment on multimedia. Try to test various content type and media to find out the best format to get the best response from your readers. Truth is, not all valuable content get its spot on the limelight on the first try. For some content marketers, it can take them several tries in repurposing their content before they can finally attract the attention of their target users.
You should too. Don’t just ditch content just because it didn’t work. Perhaps your chosen media is not the ideal medium for your type of audience. You can repurpose a blog post and create a podcast. You can create a video out of a series of images or you can transform the boring numbers in your white papers into one appealing infographics.
There are several ways to transform one content and all you have to do is to try. Try to recreate contents in different ways so you can get the attention of different people. Besides, it is wiser to repurpose a published content than to start a new one from scratch, right?
Internet Marketing Articles1. 5 Steps To Writing Shareable Social Media Content
Author: Kevin Nelson
2. Tips To Be Known Among The Top Seo Experts Round The Globe
Author: vijay kulkarni
3. How To Start Practicing As An Seo Consultant In India ?
Author: krutika sharma
4. Reliable Experts For Web Development Services
5. The Thing To Consider Before Opting For Mobile Ad Monetization.
6. Digital Influencer Agency | Influencer Marketing Agency | Aym Media
Author: AYM Media
7. What Is E-mail Marketing? Procedure To Perform E-marketing?
8. Your Construction Start-up Lacking Visibility? Try Online Directories
Author: Rick Greoneveld
9. How Anyone Drive Visitors To Your Article?
Author: Andrew Mccann
10. Top Media Production Companies – Producing High Quality Atlanta Meeting Videos!
Author: William Brown
11. Check Out For Professional Services That Fix Wordpress Hack Once And For All
12. Today's Online Marketing Systems That Make You Shine
13. Simple Guide And Personalization Search Engine With A Recommendation
Author: Indraneel Mukherjee
14. Can You Get The Essential Items At The Security Shop?
Author: Indraneel Mukherjee
15. Hack Snapchat |no 1 Snapchat Hacking Tool