ALL >> Career >> View Article
The Most Unconventional Tips To Crack A Telephonic Interview
Total Articles: 35
Months on end of searching for a source of income, job or freelance, while working on a series of small projects, I stumbled across a few really neat hacks for social interactions, especially on the smarter-than-thou-phone.
And it so happened, a lot of job prospectus from the web, email, and self-discovered resume (which took 4 days to make, more on this sometime, maybe) caught a few eyes and got my number dialed (and at the most convenient hours with me in the most inconvenient conditions). And made the struggle really real!
Never did I mess up a call (pro tip: you are almost always out of network) but it took a while for the converted calls to become an offer. Mostly freelance, and finally, a job. The funny part is, I am working in the same industry now which I was trying to make work for myself, Recruitment.
(It's really hard to control the urge of hashtagging Throwback)
Enough of small talks, let's get down to the point. After a lot of telephonic conversations, almost always manipulatively turned into an interview and further led on to personal interviews, here are my few cents (left) from it.
On a serious note, telephonic interviews lack direct human connection because of which a lot of aspects are overlooked. I stumbled upon this hack cause it can't be ever devised cause of being the most subtle and deeply influencing of all the hacks.
Looking at the mirror, at yourself, brings a sense of presence or company and subconsciously imparts a certain discipline. Also, actively looking at self and listening to the voices, yours and the interviewer’s can help analyze post-interview, better body language, and expression, which will eventually show in interpersonal interactions.
Also, often our (bad) emotions like nervousness, frown, anger (if ever) can only be identified through facial expression by self and can be controlled in time to eventually evade any negative impact on the impression we impart. Looking at a smiling self-image also helps in boosting confidence.
If you are not convinced, read it again and notice the seriousness and to-the-point approach to convey this one point. There are many more subtle positives with sitting in front of the mirror while on phone.
The Mathematics of the Equation
So, with all the hacks combined to give the best shot to a
telephonic interview, you'll find yourself sitting in a lotus position in front of the mirror talking to a stranger and smiling at yourself! If I may add, share these with your roommates, parents, or whoever you live with. Do I really have to tell you why!
Love to read, write and Explore!
Career Articles1. An Amateur’s Guide To Pharmaceutical Consulting Firms
Author: jennifer jam
2. What Are The Benefits Of Making Career In Bakery And Confectionery
3. Snowboard Trick Names And Terms To Know
4. Find Best Promotional Staff From Reliable Job Portals Online
5. Digital Transformation Is The Change Which Is Associated With The Implementation Of Digital Technolo
Author: MIchel Sam
6. Points To Choose The Best Job Consultancy Firm
Author: Rigonis Bistro
7. Choose The Best Consultancy Firm Having A Suitable Job
Author: Rebecca Weavern
8. Avoid The Unlawful Ways Of Getting A Good Job
Author: Rebecca Weavern
9. Restop's New Camouflage Privacy Shelter Enhances Safety For Outdoors People While Reducing Impact
10. Project Management Programs Online
Author: Emily Stone
11. Tips On Passing The Fe Electrical And Computer Exam
12. 5 Surprising Facts About Freelance Industry
13. Find Best Promotional Staff Online
14. Follow The Right Method For The Preparation Of Government Jobs
Author: George Basil
15. How You Can Increase Your Prices - Simple Tips To Make More
Author: Ian Marsh