ALL >> Business >> View Article
Total Articles: 45
If you peruse the shelves of your local library or Barnes and Nobles there are a number "how to" books written to direct us in our best efforts to become a calligrapher, start a garden or fix your sink...but what if there was a guide written by medical professionals to help you, the patient, have a more enjoyable, easier appointment?
Below is our guide to not only scheduling an appointment, but navigating paperwork and how to prepare yourself and your loved one so that your experience is the best for you and focused on helping you achieve relief from pain, gain mobility and better health.
Our practice takes pride in your overall experience and want to do our best to help you put your best foot forward (foot pun intended).
First, you may be wondering what the best way to go about making an appointment is.
How do I make an appointment at our office?
- by phone
- online via zocdoc or UMA
- through our website at lifootcare.com
Next, how long should I expect to be at the doctor's office?
New patient appointments are scheduled for 30 minutes and established patients are given a 15 minute appointment.
What does double booking mean? If we have to double book, which we try not to do unless it's a true emergency, that means that you are scheduled to come in the same time as another patient. Our office always does our best to get patients in same day or as soon as possible but that may mean that you are not seen exactly at your scheduled appointment due to overbooking.
Our office has early morning, evening and weekend appointments to accommodate school schedules, sporting events, commuters and all work schedules.
If you or a loved one have been walking around with painful, troubled feet - do not wait any longer.
Ok, so you have an appointment - now when should you show up for your appointment?
We ask that all new patients arrive 10 minutes early to complete paperwork.
We ask that all returning patients arrive on time for their appointment. If you are running late please phone the office to let them know. Depending on how late you are running your appointment may have to be rescheduled for another time due to scheduled in office procedures, surgeries and other appointments.
Before you leave your house, office or school - there are a few things that you need to make sure you have with you.
What to bring with you...
Your license, health insurance cards, birth date for policy holder, and if you are a minor you need to be accompanied by a parent or have written consent for another legal adult to bring you to your appointment.
We also ask that you bring any relevant medical information - medication lists, X-rays, and bloodwork.
Paperwork should not be stressful and these days most of it can be completed on an IPAD. Easier for patients and saves some trees.
Medical history, HIPPA and medical release forms can be downloaded from our website lifootcare.com and completed prior to your appointment or all of the above can be easily accessed on our office iPads.
You made it through traffic, found a close parking space and have arrived in the office. Now what?
- how long should you wait? We do our best to always run on time. However, some times procedures or evaluation takes longer than expected. We promise our patients that we will spend as much time as needed to throughly care for each patient.
- how long should appointment last?
30 minutes for new patients and 15 minutes for existing patients.
- how quickly should I be seen again?
Every ailment needs a different follow up time. Returning appointments can vary from 1 week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks or 3 months.
- what if someone arrives after me but is taken before me?
We have multiple physicians in our office at the same time and patients are seen according to their scheduled time.
So, what if English is not my first language?
We have multi lingual podiatrists and medical assistants to help review documentation and explain patient care - however if you are concerned that there may be a language barrier please notify the staff upon making your appointment or bring someone with you to assist in translating.
Should I use my cell phone in the office?
We kindly ask that all calls be taken in the hallway outside of the office and you limit texting while in the exam room with the physician. Not only is it distracting but the main focus in the exam room is you; therefore your focus should not be on texting or you tube.
After you've left our office you may have some follow up questions...
- When will my prescriptions be sent?
Physicians will send all prescriptions when time allows during the day, at lunch time or end of day.
- When will physician phone calls be returned?
Physicians will return all phone calls during a break in schedule however normally all calls will be returned at lunch or end of day.
- What if I am sick?
We kindly ask that if you are sick enough where you would not attend work or school you reschedule your appointment out of respect for our other patients.
- Can I bring my pets?
Only service animals are allowed in our office.
- Do I have a copay?
Copay amounts are due at time of service as well as all current balances. Our office gladly accepts all major credit cards, cash and personal checks.
We hope to see you soon in one of our three office locations.
Business Articles1. Development Of Chinese Magnesium Oxide Enters Acceleration Period
Author: hu Allen
2. Indian Crafts - C Table Dealer
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
3. All You Need To Know About Ppgi Coil
4. How Can Solar Energy Be Used Effectively And How To Install Solar Power At Home?
5. 11 Things That The Receipt Management Software Can Do And Its Growing Acceptability Among Retailers
Author: Caramel POS
6. Tensile Structure For Hotel – Which Is The Best Material For Them?
Author: Tensile Architecture
7. Seo Company In Coimbatore
Author: suvagar suva
8. Opportunities For The Global Vinyl Flooring Market To Reach $16.2 Billion By 2023
9. Rubber Floor Mats Manufacturing
Author: James Matt
10. Choose Reliable Easton Orthodontist Treatment
Author: Exeter Orthodontics
11. Organic Spices And Herbs - Keep Them Fresh
Author: Jason Mckinstry
12. Commercial Steel Buildings Are Best For Business
Author: Arnold Shawn
13. All That May Possibly Be Increasing The Bounce Rate Of Your Business Website!
Author: Surabhi Joshi
14. A Contractor Can Build Homes And Businesses
Author: Arnold Shawn
15. Av Universal- Top Event Management Company In Va Helping You Making Your Events Better