ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
Quick Guide For Selecting As Short Sale Realtor
Total Articles: 102
Considering short sale for your home? Well, you need a real estate agent. Yes, you heard that right. In a short sale, the owner of the house doesn’t pay for the commission of the agent, and that’s an advantage you would want to use. In this post, we will talk more about short sale realtors.
Selling a house is a big decision, but opting for a short sale is a considerably tough decision for sure. In most traditional deals, realtors make somewhere around 5 to 6% of the sale price. It’s not surprising that homeowners like to move ahead without a real estate agent. After all, it means saving thousands of dollars. In the case of a short sale, the commission of the agent will be included as a part of closing costs. Basically, the amount of the realtor’s share will be deducted from the net proceeds of the concerned sale.
Finding an agent
Real estate agents vary in their services, and a number of them don’t deal with short sales. You would want to find someone who is experienced with short sales. A good idea is to seek references from family and friends. You can also check online to find short sale realtors, as most of them have websites, where you can find relevant details. If you know a local agent, you might want to get a good and reliable reference from him. Online sites often have a lot of information on real estate agents, and you can find detailed reviews from other clients, which can be handy. Make a shortlist of around four to five services, after which you can start calling them.
Things to discuss
Not all local real estate agents are experienced in short sales, although they may make many claims. It is more than important to have a personal meeting with each of the shortlisted realtor, so that you can discuss the concerning aspects.
Below are the questions you need to ask.
1. How many short sale approvals have you handled and negotiated so far? A good agent will always give you the right numbers but do consider that inflated to some extent.
2. What's their success rate? Short sales are more confusing and complicated than traditional deals. Negotiations may not be fruitful in the first place. In most cases, at least two to three rounds of negotiations are needed. Talk to the agent about their success rate and their general approach towards the case.
3. Can they offer references? Short sale realtors should provide references on request. If a real estate agent claims to be the best in town, they must have enough clients. Check the properties they have managed so far, and if you get references, call a few to know more about their experience with the particular realtor.
Finally, talk to them about the possible scope of the short sale. A good dealer will explain all the options, especially with regards to the pricing and potential buyers. Check online right away to find the best brokers in your city.
Right Choice Realty of NC LLC
9204 Falls of Neuse,
919 435 0856
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. Best Residential Property Destination In Mumbai - Goregaon
Author: Saloni Mehta
2. Marketing Tips For Your Business - Md Properties Llc
Author: MD Properties LLC
3. Nela Real Estate: Does It Pay To Buy A Fixer-upper?
Author: Samantha Turkle
4. Reasons Why Walls Crack – Explained By Sydney Cbd Civil Contractors
Author: sydneycivil contractors
5. Tips To Keep In Mind Before Buying A 3bhk Flat In Gurgaon
Author: Mapsko Group
6. Buying A Property In Bulgaria? Here Are 5 Reasons To Consider Veliko Tarnovo
Author: Andy Turver
7. Looking The Luxury Villas For Sale In Alfaz Del Pi, Spain With Immoabroad ?
8. Cheap Houses For Sale In Cambridge - When Affordability Is Not An Issue
Author: Justin Arthur
9. 3d Floor Plan Design Studio
Author: Satish Singh
10. Real Estate Adelaide
Author: John Adams
11. Real Estate Bendigo
Author: John Adams
12. Flats In Whitefield At Prestige Lakeside Habitat Offers Premium Lifestyle In Bangalore
13. Contact Adhesive – An Excellent Superglue For A Unique Purpose
Author: Chad Lakin
14. Real Estate Ballarat
Author: John Adams
15. How To Looking For A Spacious School In Umass Med, Medical School Apartments
Author: John Robert