ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
Quick Guide For Selecting As Short Sale Realtor
Total Articles: 93
Considering short sale for your home? Well, you need a real estate agent. Yes, you heard that right. In a short sale, the owner of the house doesn’t pay for the commission of the agent, and that’s an advantage you would want to use. In this post, we will talk more about short sale realtors.
Selling a house is a big decision, but opting for a short sale is a considerably tough decision for sure. In most traditional deals, realtors make somewhere around 5 to 6% of the sale price. It’s not surprising that homeowners like to move ahead without a real estate agent. After all, it means saving thousands of dollars. In the case of a short sale, the commission of the agent will be included as a part of closing costs. Basically, the amount of the realtor’s share will be deducted from the net proceeds of the concerned sale.
Finding an agent
Real estate agents vary in their services, and a number of them don’t deal with short sales. You would want to find someone who is experienced with short sales. A good idea is to seek references from family and friends. You can also check online to find short sale realtors, as most of them have websites, where you can find relevant details. If you know a local agent, you might want to get a good and reliable reference from him. Online sites often have a lot of information on real estate agents, and you can find detailed reviews from other clients, which can be handy. Make a shortlist of around four to five services, after which you can start calling them.
Things to discuss
Not all local real estate agents are experienced in short sales, although they may make many claims. It is more than important to have a personal meeting with each of the shortlisted realtor, so that you can discuss the concerning aspects.
Below are the questions you need to ask.
1. How many short sale approvals have you handled and negotiated so far? A good agent will always give you the right numbers but do consider that inflated to some extent.
2. What's their success rate? Short sales are more confusing and complicated than traditional deals. Negotiations may not be fruitful in the first place. In most cases, at least two to three rounds of negotiations are needed. Talk to the agent about their success rate and their general approach towards the case.
3. Can they offer references? Short sale realtors should provide references on request. If a real estate agent claims to be the best in town, they must have enough clients. Check the properties they have managed so far, and if you get references, call a few to know more about their experience with the particular realtor.
Finally, talk to them about the possible scope of the short sale. A good dealer will explain all the options, especially with regards to the pricing and potential buyers. Check online right away to find the best brokers in your city.
Right Choice Realty of NC LLC
9204 Falls of Neuse,
919 435 0856
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. Assets Management Darwin
Author: John Adams
2. How To Choose The Best Plot For Residential Use?
Author: subha gruha
3. Ramprastha Greens-apartments And Flats In Vaishali
Author: Ramprastha Group
4. Changes In The Home Loan Market In India
Author: RBD Shelters
5. Why Investors And Home Owners Trust Duerksen To Manage Their Properties
Author: Duerkse Rrentals
6. How To Finding The Perfect Seymour Arm Cabins For Sale
Author: Les Vinney
7. How To Make Sure Construction Safety Is Maintained
8. Broome Property Manipulate
Author: Charlene Agbu
9. The Advantages And Benefits Of Using Spray Foam Insulation At Home
Author: Zac Fogg
10. 5 Critical Questions To Ask When Buying Top Real Estate Project In Dhanbad
11. Residential Properties In Nashik - Affordable Or Not?
12. Are You Interested In Purchasing Properties In Nashik? Karmaa Group Is At Your Service..!!
13. Plots In Faridabad-puri Aman Vilas
Author: Puri Constructions
14. Avail The Dream Properties Of Benissa With Immo Abroad
15. Apartments In Dombivali Offers Best Residential Zones Within Affordable Range