ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
Quick Guide For Selecting As Short Sale Realtor
Total Articles: 110
Considering short sale for your home? Well, you need a real estate agent. Yes, you heard that right. In a short sale, the owner of the house doesn’t pay for the commission of the agent, and that’s an advantage you would want to use. In this post, we will talk more about short sale realtors.
Selling a house is a big decision, but opting for a short sale is a considerably tough decision for sure. In most traditional deals, realtors make somewhere around 5 to 6% of the sale price. It’s not surprising that homeowners like to move ahead without a real estate agent. After all, it means saving thousands of dollars. In the case of a short sale, the commission of the agent will be included as a part of closing costs. Basically, the amount of the realtor’s share will be deducted from the net proceeds of the concerned sale.
Finding an agent
Real estate agents vary in their services, and a number of them don’t deal with short sales. You would want to find someone who is experienced with short sales. A good idea is to seek references from family and friends. You can also check online to find short sale realtors, as most of them have websites, where you can find relevant details. If you know a local agent, you might want to get a good and reliable reference from him. Online sites often have a lot of information on real estate agents, and you can find detailed reviews from other clients, which can be handy. Make a shortlist of around four to five services, after which you can start calling them.
Things to discuss
Not all local real estate agents are experienced in short sales, although they may make many claims. It is more than important to have a personal meeting with each of the shortlisted realtor, so that you can discuss the concerning aspects.
Below are the questions you need to ask.
1. How many short sale approvals have you handled and negotiated so far? A good agent will always give you the right numbers but do consider that inflated to some extent.
2. What's their success rate? Short sales are more confusing and complicated than traditional deals. Negotiations may not be fruitful in the first place. In most cases, at least two to three rounds of negotiations are needed. Talk to the agent about their success rate and their general approach towards the case.
3. Can they offer references? Short sale realtors should provide references on request. If a real estate agent claims to be the best in town, they must have enough clients. Check the properties they have managed so far, and if you get references, call a few to know more about their experience with the particular realtor.
Finally, talk to them about the possible scope of the short sale. A good dealer will explain all the options, especially with regards to the pricing and potential buyers. Check online right away to find the best brokers in your city.
Right Choice Realty of NC LLC
9204 Falls of Neuse,
919 435 0856
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. Trust In Kelowna - Risks And Precautions
Author: Jimmy Walid
2. Startup Ideas For Doing Real Estate Business
Author: sarath kumar
3. Godrej Air Hoodi Bangalore
4. L And T Realty Raintree Boulevard Bangalore
5. Dnr Casablanca Is One Of The Best Project In Bangalore.
6. Sobha Morzaria Grandeur Bangalore
7. Prestige Park Square Bannerghatta Road Bangalore
8. Realise And Personalize With Professionals
9. Planning To Sell Houses For Cash In Jacksonville? Quick Tips!
Author: Mason Dexter
10. Find Luxury Apartments In Noida Expressway
11. The Best Henderson Nv Houses For Sale That Suits Lifestyle Preferences
Author: Mark Evan
12. Lake Barrington Homes For Sale Real Estate Market Report January 2018
Author: John Herman
13. How To Find The Best Apartments And Houses For Rent Hornell?
Author: Jhon Smith
14. Luxury In Goregaon - A Revolution In Real Estate Of The Area
Author: Saloni Mehta
15. Provident Park Square Kanakapura Road, Bangalore