ALL >> Health >> View Article
Help For Sweet Tooth Fanatics
Total Articles: 4
If you are looking for a Bluffs family dentistry, you need to check into the variety of dental services that you can find for your entire family at Omni Dental. The following article about what candy can do to your teeth.
Too much sugar, especially in the diet of a growing child, can be bad. Eating too many sugary treats can very well likely provide too many calories to a diet and contribute to unhealthy weight gain. The dental effects of too many sweet foods and drinks can very well take a toll on teeth and lead to cavities, degraded tooth enamel and more. If you eat lots of sweets, it is important to take care of your teeth and visit your Bluffs family dentistry center on a regular basis. The good news is that people are tending to eat and drink fewer sugary sweets, which is a very good thing. To help you curb added sugar intake, the following are 6 tips for helping to break the sugar habit:
Healthy Drinking Habits
It is important to drink lots of water, low fat milk and other nutrient-rich beverages. You should try to stay away from soda and other sweetened beverages as much as possible.
It is important to stock your house with healthy snacks, such nuts, peanut butter, tortilla chips and crackers. Some satisfying snack options for a sweet tooth person include apple slices or crackers with peanut butter or fruit with plain yogurt.
You can try to sweeten foods yourself, which is going to be better than eating a bunch of candy. You can look for yogurts, hot cereals and other foods in their lowest sugar form and sweeten them yourself. If you sweeten the foods, it is very well likely going to have less sugar content in them than what the product with full sugar is going to have it. You can add fresh or dried unsweetened dried fruit and/or honey or maple syrup to plain low fat or nonfat yogurt. Adding cinnamon or honey is a great way to sweeten up some foods items that you may crave from time to time.
Sweets as Special Treats
You should not offer sweets after each meal each and ever day. Sweets should only be given as special treats. Instead of having desserts such as cookies, pies, cakes, and chocolate daily, you should save them as special occasional treats. Offer fresh fruit for afterschool or afterdinner treats and desserts. You should make lower sugar desserts, making sure to only add a small amount of added sugar. If you are craving chocolate, go with dark chocolate because it has less sugar. Always use small plates for desserts. A small amount of ice cream in a large bowl is going to feel less satisfying. No not eat desserts out of containers or packages. When you eat out of packages, you are not going to realize how much you are eating and before you know if, you’ve eaten enough for 5 servings. If you eat a lot of desserts, make sure to visit your Bluffs family dentistry center often.
Source : Click Here
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important