ALL >> Environment >> View Article
Actiavted Alumina Balls For Water Filtration
Total Articles: 3
Activated alumina balls are aluminium oxide based compounds which are highly porous in nature with a significantly high surface-area-to-weight ratio. With the latest technology, they can easily attain their high quality properties like adsorption, mechanical strength, pore volume and surface area. The striking features of this adsorbent are its non-corrosive nature, resistance to softening and swelling, abrasion resistant, shrink proof, low resistance to gas proof, etc. An assortment of activated alumina is available in the market, which includes adsorbent, desiccant and activated alumina for chromatography.
Applications of Alumina Balls
Alumina balls act as filters in bed toppings and supports for removing any impurities from the gas stream, which helps in the uniform distribution of feed gas. In a catalyst bed, the presence of these balls keeps the bed intact during any fluctuation in pressure. It can also withstand high thermal shocks and is completely unaffected by an emergency start-up or shutdown. The alumina refractory bed support usually acts as an inert catalyst support in oil refineries, chemical industries, ammonia manufacturing plant, etc.
Uses of Activated Alumina
The inherent properties of this compound make it extremely useful in the following ways:
• Used as a desiccant: It works through the adsorption process when being used as a desiccant. During this process, the water present in the air actually sticks to the alumina so that the dried air is passed out through the filter.
• Used as a fluoride adsorbent: It is widely used to remove all fluoride contents from drinking water. This compound, when used in filters, can reduce the fluoride levels from 0.5ppm to less than even 0.1ppm. Depending on how long the water is in touch with alumina, the amount of fluoride can be leached from the water. Basically, more the alumina in the filter, less is the fluoride in the final filtered water.
• Used as a catalyst: It can also be used for various catalyst applications like in hydrogen peroxide production, in the production of polyethylene, as a selective adsorbent for many chemicals, including fluoride, arsenic, etc. in sulphur removal from the main gas streams.
• Used as a biomaterial: The non-reactivity and mechanical properties of this compound make it an ideal material for covering surfaces in friction.
Alumina-Balls (1)As per their application, Activated Alumina Balls are available in basic, acidic and neutral grades with deferment pH value. They can be easily regenerated to the original adsorption efficiency while heating them to a temperature between 110-150°C
also check our latest articles here
Environment Articles1. An Impressive Technology To Reduce Waste At Your Commercial Places
Author: Digital marketing manager and content writer
2. Sustain Life With The Waste Management Of Bluestream
Author: Aastha Kapoor
4. Complete Weddings + Events Hyderabad Best Photography, Dj, Video And Photo - Crazy Events
5. Why Now Is The Best Time To Go Solar?
Author: Ryan Armstrong
6. Different Types Of Ventilation Systems
Author: Paul Adam
7. Recording Studios In Hyderabad - Music Recording Studio - Multai
8. Simple Ways To Maintain A Healthy Lawn In The Summer Season
Author: Nelson Smitty
9. Summer Flowers And Wine Pairing
Author: Anuj Tyagi
10. Activated Alumina Fluoride Removal.
11. 3 Things To Consider When Installing Tier 1 Solar Panels
Author: Jecob Thompson
12. How Are Vacuum Pumps In Lethbridge Used
Author: Jacob James
13. The Best Wildlife Control Services In Morris County
14. Does Environment & 3d Printing Goes Hand In Hand
Author: 3D Spectra Technologies LLP
15. A Perfect Date In The Clouds
Author: SkyWaltz Balloon Safari