ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Engagement Rings
Total Articles: 26
Whether you just got engaged or are a few weeks from getting engaged, here’re some interesting facts about engagement rings you probably didn’t know!
• The word diamond is derived from the Greek word ‘adamant’ meaning invincible or steadfast. Diamond engagement rings have always been popular as they are believed to keep the love between a couple as strong as a diamond.
• Engagement rings are worn on the fourth finger of the left hand because it was once believed that a vein in that finger led straight to the heart - the ‘Vena Amoris’, or the vein of love.
• December is the most popular month to buy engagement rings, with approximately 15% of couples getting engaged during this festive season. The other popular days for proposals are Valentine’s Day, Thanksgiving and New Year.
• One of history’s earliest engagement rings was given to Princess Mary of Burgundy by the Archduke Maximilian of Austria. It was a beautiful gold ring that featured an M spelled out in diamonds as a token of love!
• The smallest engagement ring on record was given to two-year-old Princess Mary, daughter of Henry VIII, when she was betrothed to the infant Dauphin of France, son of King Francis I, in 1518.
• 61% of men consult their girlfriend before buying an engagement ring and 74% of all brides receive a diamond engagement ring.
• When it comes to picking an engagement ring, 56% of brides say their priority is the shape of the engagement ring.
• The most frequently selected style of engagement ring is a round-cut brilliant diamond ring, which is closely followed by a princess cut. White gold and platinum are the most popular metals used in engagement rings.
• A pearl engagement ring was once believed to bring bad luck as its shape resembles a teardrop.
• If your engagement ring is a couple of carats, you should consider yourself lucky because for every 1,000 polished diamonds, only one weighs more than a carat!
• If you’re not sure where to wear your engagement ring during your wedding ceremony, the most popular method is to switch your engagement ring over to your right hand and then walk down the aisle!
We hope you found this post as interesting as we did! Now that you know some facts about engagement rings, why not browse collections of unique engagement rings available online? You can also find a wide range of options in engagement rings for women and men in physical stores.
Happy Ring Shopping!
She dons many hats, that of a lifestyle blogger, wife and mom. A fashion lover and style influencer, she thrives on writing, like contributing feature articles for Wedding Ring Sets http://www.samuelsjewelers.com/engagement-wedding.html on topics such as Engagement Rings for Women http://www.samuelsjewelers.com/engagement-wedding/engagement-rings.html and diamond jewelry, fashion earrings, the latest happenings and trends. She also loves indulging in activities like yoga, cycling, and swimming.
Fashion/Costume Articles1. Tips For Choosing The Right Baby Clothes
Author: Vishank Goel
Author: sai bhargav
3. Engraving A Men’s Bark Ring Or Other Wedding Ring Options
Author: Olivia E Shoemaker
4. Choosing Handmade Designer Jewellery As A Gift
Author: Manali S
5. Anarkali Suits - A Trendy Must-have For Your Festive Wardrobe
Author: Ritu Batra
6. 5 Style Staples Kanye West Swear By:
Author: neerja rao
7. Fashion Design School In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar
8. Tips For Choosing The Right Photographer
9. African Style Fashionable Jumpsuits - The Latest Of What We Call Vogue
Author: Jonathan Benjamin
10. Fashionable Finger Glitter For The June Bride
Author: Victoria Grounds
11. Giving Heat The Cold Shoulder
Author: Closest Buddies
12. Fine Jewelry Made From Rose Gold: An In Depth Analysis
Author: shah puja
13. Buy Diamond Jewellery Online In India
Author: shah puja
14. Jewellery Trend Predictions For 2018
Author: shah puja
15. Why Is Lycra Spandex Fabric Widely Used For Creating Sporting Apparels?
Author: Albesto Hudes