ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Engagement Rings
Total Articles: 26
Whether you just got engaged or are a few weeks from getting engaged, here’re some interesting facts about engagement rings you probably didn’t know!
• The word diamond is derived from the Greek word ‘adamant’ meaning invincible or steadfast. Diamond engagement rings have always been popular as they are believed to keep the love between a couple as strong as a diamond.
• Engagement rings are worn on the fourth finger of the left hand because it was once believed that a vein in that finger led straight to the heart - the ‘Vena Amoris’, or the vein of love.
• December is the most popular month to buy engagement rings, with approximately 15% of couples getting engaged during this festive season. The other popular days for proposals are Valentine’s Day, Thanksgiving and New Year.
• One of history’s earliest engagement rings was given to Princess Mary of Burgundy by the Archduke Maximilian of Austria. It was a beautiful gold ring that featured an M spelled out in diamonds as a token of love!
• The smallest engagement ring on record was given to two-year-old Princess Mary, daughter of Henry VIII, when she was betrothed to the infant Dauphin of France, son of King Francis I, in 1518.
• 61% of men consult their girlfriend before buying an engagement ring and 74% of all brides receive a diamond engagement ring.
• When it comes to picking an engagement ring, 56% of brides say their priority is the shape of the engagement ring.
• The most frequently selected style of engagement ring is a round-cut brilliant diamond ring, which is closely followed by a princess cut. White gold and platinum are the most popular metals used in engagement rings.
• A pearl engagement ring was once believed to bring bad luck as its shape resembles a teardrop.
• If your engagement ring is a couple of carats, you should consider yourself lucky because for every 1,000 polished diamonds, only one weighs more than a carat!
• If you’re not sure where to wear your engagement ring during your wedding ceremony, the most popular method is to switch your engagement ring over to your right hand and then walk down the aisle!
We hope you found this post as interesting as we did! Now that you know some facts about engagement rings, why not browse collections of unique engagement rings available online? You can also find a wide range of options in engagement rings for women and men in physical stores.
Happy Ring Shopping!
She dons many hats, that of a lifestyle blogger, wife and mom. A fashion lover and style influencer, she thrives on writing, like contributing feature articles for Wedding Ring Sets http://www.samuelsjewelers.com/engagement-wedding.html on topics such as Engagement Rings for Women http://www.samuelsjewelers.com/engagement-wedding/engagement-rings.html and diamond jewelry, fashion earrings, the latest happenings and trends. She also loves indulging in activities like yoga, cycling, and swimming.
Fashion/Costume Articles1. Make It A Post Valentine’s Engagement
Author: Olivia E Shoemaker
2. Essential Items That Powerful Businesswomen Must Have In Their Wardrobe
Author: Ashish Malik
3. Do You Need A New Style Fashion Consultant?
Author: Scott Wolstein
4. 6 Tips And Tricks For Unique Mother's Day Gift Buying
Author: Annie Reh
5. 3 Dazzling Dresses That Make Your 30-something Bridesmaids Look Like A Million Bucks
Author: Jane Wang
6. Buy Xxxl T Shirts Online In India
Author: Prashant Shrivastav
7. Casio G-shock Analog Digital Ga-110dc-2a Men’s Watch
Author: Jasson C
8. Why Shoe Trees Are Essential For Your Blucher Shoe Care
Author: Dan Zapatka
9. Commonly Faced Issues In The Fashion Industry
Author: Olivia James
10. Fashion Designing Course In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar
11. Set Out For Party With These Fashion Tips – Men’s Fashion Guide
Author: Anshul Mewade
12. Quelled Earrings - Fancy Yet Light On Your Lobes
Author: Stylofi Fashion
13. Fashion Designing Institute In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar
14. Green Wall In Delhi Ncr
15. Citizen Eco-drive Chronograph Ca0285-01e Mens Watch : Sharp, Simple And Spectacular
Author: Jasson C