ALL >> Web-Hosting >> View Article
Tips On Getting Your Domain Name Right
Total Articles: 49
If you are going to start a web site, you have to have a domain name. There are a couple of tricks, however, you should know before you buy one.
Tips on Getting Your Domain Name Right
Far too often, people just rush out and pick domain names on the fly. What sounds cool? What sounds professional? I’ll just use my business name. These are the basic methods people come up with domain names and they can lead to regret down the road. A domain name is like a spouse, it can be great or horrific in the long run.
Unless you have a business name that is very well known, don’t use your business name as the domain. It isn’t really going to help you generate traffic and people will still be able to find you through search engines since you are probably the only one using the name. If you are paranoid about others stealing it, trademark and register the name.
The best way to pick a domain name is to first due keyword research. Keyword research is going to identify the keyword phrases your prospects are using to search for your services or products. You want to create a list of high traffic keyword phrases and then make one of those phrases your domain name. Search engines give a lot of value to a domain name that matches a keyword phrase. This helps you crank your home page to the top of the rankings, which gives you a massive head start over your competition.
Once you have identified the keyword phrase you want to use for your domain, there is another secret you need to know. The length of your registration is a factor in search engine rankings on Google. Google gives added value to sites that are going to be around for a long time. At a minimum, you should register the domain for five years, but go with the longest option available.
At first glance, picking a domain name is a fairly simple process. To jumpstart your marketing efforts, you should stop and give it some thought. If you follow the above guidelines, you can turn it into a powerful head start for your marketing efforts.
For Domain Registration Saudi Arabia and < a href= https://ksa.buzinessware.com>Web Hosting in Saudi Arabia visit - KSA BUZINESSWARE Middle East Cloud Specialists trusted leader since 2002 for on-demand managed Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) from Middle East Data Centers.
Web Hosting Articles1. How Server Colocation Hosting Benefits A Business
2. Powerful Linux Hosting Starting At $0.59 Per Month
Author: Martina Henderson
3. What Is Better Dedicated Server Hosting Or Cloud Hosting?
Author: Jitendra Raulo
4. The Key Elements Of A Performance Website In 2018
5. Dedicated Server Company Offers Hosting At $25/mo
Author: Martina Henderson
6. 5 Reasons Your Site Needs Website Monitoring In 2018
7. Why Is Website Monitoring Important For Your Business?
8. Limitations Of Advertising On Mobile
9. 7 Things To Consider Before Moving Your Business To Cloud Technology
Author: Andrew Stevenson
10. How To Manage Website Downtime
11. Linux Dedicated Server – A Server To Boost Business Performance
12. 4 Essential Tips To Consider While Choosing The Web Host That's Right For You
Author: sumit gadre
13. Top 5 Reasons Why Your Site Needs Website Monitoring
14. Benefits Of Outsourcing Wordpress Development Services To Ossmedia
Author: Brett Dawson
15. Web Host At A Look And Comparison
Author: Davis Butler