ALL >> Web-Hosting >> View Article
Who Registers Domain Names?
Total Articles: 49
A domain name registrar registers domain names. A domain name registrar is a company accredited by ICANN or by a national ccTLD authority or both to register Internet domain names.
ICANN or Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers is a nonprofit organization that is responsible for IP address space allocation, protocol parameter assignment, domain name system management and root server system management functions.
The late Jon Postel created ICANN in 1998 in response to a policy statement issued by the US Department of Commerce. ICANN has authority over gTLDs (Generic Top Level Domains) that include .com, .net and .org. The organization does not have authority over ccTLDs (Country Code Top-Level Domains), which include .ca (Canada), .uk (United Kingdom), .us (United States), .in (India), .de (Germany or Deutschland), .fr (France) etc.
The board of ICANN is comprised of nineteen Directors, and nine At-Large Directors. Directors serve for one-year terms and are succeeded by At-Large Directors. The At-Large Directors are elected by an at-large membership organization.
ICANN has taken various measures to oversee the domain-name registration system's transition from government hands to private hands and to coordinate its decentralization and the integration into a global community.
A company chosen by ICANN to register and manage domain names on its behalf is a designated registrar. There are several domain registrars offering domain registration services. Some of the top domain name registrars include Go Daddy, Network Solutions, eNom, Tucows, Melbourne IT, Schlund.de, Register.com, Wild West Domains (Part of Go Daddy), Moniker Online Services, and DomainDoorman.
For Domain Registration Saudi Arabia and < a href= https://ksa.buzinessware.com>Web Hosting in Saudi Arabia visit - KSA BUZINESSWARE Middle East Cloud Specialists trusted leader since 2002 for on-demand managed Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) from Middle East Data Centers.
Web Hosting Articles1. How Server Colocation Hosting Benefits A Business
2. Powerful Linux Hosting Starting At $0.59 Per Month
Author: Martina Henderson
3. What Is Better Dedicated Server Hosting Or Cloud Hosting?
Author: Jitendra Raulo
4. The Key Elements Of A Performance Website In 2018
5. Dedicated Server Company Offers Hosting At $25/mo
Author: Martina Henderson
6. 5 Reasons Your Site Needs Website Monitoring In 2018
7. Why Is Website Monitoring Important For Your Business?
8. Limitations Of Advertising On Mobile
9. 7 Things To Consider Before Moving Your Business To Cloud Technology
Author: Andrew Stevenson
10. How To Manage Website Downtime
11. Linux Dedicated Server – A Server To Boost Business Performance
12. 4 Essential Tips To Consider While Choosing The Web Host That's Right For You
Author: sumit gadre
13. Top 5 Reasons Why Your Site Needs Website Monitoring
14. Benefits Of Outsourcing Wordpress Development Services To Ossmedia
Author: Brett Dawson
15. Web Host At A Look And Comparison
Author: Davis Butler