ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Tips To Buy A High Mileage Car
Total Articles: 13
Sometimes we have to make sacrifices to save money, and sometimes those sacrifices come in the form of a higher mileage car. Cars with higher mileage usually aren’t very attractive but are not always a bad option. If the car has been taken care of for its entire life, the amount of miles will not matter much at all. Just remember to keep your eye out for some tell-tale signs that will help you judge the health of the vehicle.
Where is the RUST
Older cars almost always have some degree of rust on them and depending on where the rust is can be a big problem. If the rust is really bad you will need to decide if repairing bumpers, side panels, or getting a new paint job is worth the investment.
Check the Engine Compression
Older vehicles with higher mileage will need to have their engines checked for optimal performance. Have a mechanic do a compression test for you. The mechanic will remove a spark plug and place a compression gauge in its place to check the PSI. A good pressure rating shouldn’t fluctuate more than 25 PSI between cylinders.
What Shape is the Interior in?
A car’s interior can tell you a lot about its age. Older higher mileage vehicles have probably gone through multiple owners and the interior can take a hit. Check for holes and tears and ask the dealership you are going through if repairs can be negotiated before the sale.
Pay attention to the Exhaust
High mileage cars can be prone to burning oil in the engine and thus can emit a bluish colored smoke. Also black and even white smoke that is emitted through the exhaust could give you some indication that there are more problems at hand than you’ve previously thought.
Use these tips to find the best higher mileage car on the market. There are plenty of options out there so take your time if you have it and find something that is in good shape and will last you a few years.
If you're searching Used Cars for Sale Ohio, end your search at All Used Auto. For more information on their inventory and their rates, please visit us @ allusedauto.com.
Automobiles Articles1. Advice For Car Buyers: Choose The Right Lender
Author: Wiliams Orchard
2. Buy Certified Pre Owned Luxury Cars In Best Quality From Miami Dealers
3. Three Warning Signs Indicating That You Need A Windshield Replacement In Kent, Wa Done
Author: Justin Ward
4. Ourbus Is Your Bus – The 21st-century Way To Work Commute
5. Clifford Beaumont: Japanese Economic Growth Rises For 7th Consecutive Quarter
6. Burton Mills: China Economy Continues To Slow
7. Rockman – The Automotive Component, Alloy Wheels & Drive Chain Manufacturers In India
Author: Rockman Industries
8. Choose Yakima Roof Rack For Your Vehicle For Enjoying Off Road Journey
Author: Tony Bulic
9. How Do You Hire A Reliable Food Truck Builder?
Author: Randy Travis
10. Getting The Best Boat Deals In Florida
Author: Riva Motorsports
11. Vectra - The Leading Earthmovers Equipment & Best Skid Steer Loader Manufacturers In India - Europe
12. Find Best Roof Mounted Bike Carrier For Your Car In Sydney
Author: Charles Manfredi
13. What Is Causing The Problem?
Author: Batteries & More
14. Why A Car Is A Necessity In The City Of Detroit?
Author: jeffery reynold
15. The Windscreens Replacement Process - What You Need To Know
Author: Anna Lampasona