ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Getting The Facts On Weather And Exterior Paint Jobs
Total Articles: 67
One of the most important factors in any house painting job is Mother Nature herself. Weather can either benefit or adversely affect an outdoors painting project. It’s best you know all the facts about the effects of weather on any exterior paint job done to your house and when the best time is to start your exterior painting in Kennesaw.
Painting in the cold presents special challenges. Paint dries slower in cold weather and may not strongly adhere to the house’s outer surface. Your painting professionals will likely use special paint made for bonding in colder temperatures. Some priming beforehand may also be in order. Another factor can be high winds. If winter gusts are present, it can make your exterior painting in Kennesaw dry too fast. It can also blow dirt and debris onto paint that has not yet dried, messing up the paint job.
Humidity is also something to be concerned about. The kinds of paints used on homes are generally water based. When the water in the paint evaporates, it completes the drying process. However, humidity means there’s greater moisture in the air, which interferes with the evaporation process and inhibits a paint’s ability to properly dry. Additionally, humidity can also make it hard to paint on wooden surfaces. Wood absorbs outdoor moisture and can retain it while being painted, which can result in bubbling or peeling paint. Humidity is usually present during the summer months or after a rainstorm. If it’s humid during times of low temperatures, condensation can form on the painted surface, which can mar the finish.
The best conditions for exterior painting in Kennesaw include mild temperatures, likely in the fall or spring months. There should also be little or no wind. Additionally, the humidity level should be low. It’s best to check your area’s weather patterns to find the times when there’s less likely to be rain or wind, and also when the temperatures are the mildest. If you’re concerned about having your house painted in a cold climate, consult with your paint professionals about whether a paint job is possible. Remember that paints have temperature ranges. You might still be able to have your house painted in cold weather if it’s still warm enough.
Quality paint jobs can be derailed if outdoor conditions aren’t right. Check your calendars for the best time to have your house painted. To make sure your paint job isn’t marred or damaged by winds or humidity, sometimes it pays to wait. That way, the exterior painting in Kennesaw done to your home will be much more likely to last.
Home and Garden Articles1. When Should You Consider Hiring A Property Management Service?
Author: Simply Property Management
2. 3 Reasons Why A Dishwasher As A Appliance Is Better Than Hand-washing
Author: Jackson Wood
3. Decorative Concrete Is Really Useful In Home Adornment
Author: Anu Walia
4. Minka Aire Fans – An Ideal Solution For Maximizing Comfort
Author: Bryson Kaleb
5. Exceptional Features Of Decorative Concrete Flooring
Author: Anu Walia
6. Something Wicked This Way Comes
Author: Lauren Kyes
7. Can Shower Replacement Improve The Look Of Your Bathroom?
8. Walk In Tubs: Soak In The Feeling Of True Relaxation
9. How To Make Your Move ‘green’ While Saving Money
Author: James Draper
10. How To Plan Your Home Renovation Process
Author: James Kyle
11. Great Tips For Improving The Lawn With Lawn Mowing Services
Author: Phil Maunder
12. Add A Value To Your Property By Installing Louvre Shutter
Author: Joseph Zammit
13. How To Care For Interior And Exterior Concrete Floors
Author: Mark Moore
14. How Much Does Professional Asbestos Popcorn Removal Cost?
Author: Jacob Ethan
15. Transform Your House With Remodeling Services In Denver
Author: John Cooper