ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
8 Pathways Conjoining Towards Mobile App Testing
Total Articles: 1
Ever thought about how a traveler chooses his path to reach his destination? Give him a map and he’ll find the right road leading towards his goal taking into consideration a number of aspects. The same concept is echoed when one wants to test mobile applications so that it delivers the best performance to the user. Just as a traveler, from chalking out a plan to reaching his goal, a mobile app tester needs to follow a number of ways in order to make the application usable and accessible to all.
1. Testing plan: Akin to a traveler mapping out his plan of action, a testing strategy needs to be put in place for testers in order to follow a coherent and a uniform procedure throughout.
2. Realistic testing: A traveler can only find out the feasibility of his plan through execution in reality and not just in theory. In a similar fashion, an application needs to be tested on real devices and not just on simulators or emulators so that the tester too, can evaluate the test results realistically and see how the app looks and feels in actuality.
3. Placing OS and device choices: When it comes to a traveler, he doesn’t select all roads leading towards his destination. He explores the best choices available for and selects the one which gives him the best experience. Similarly, the implausibility of testing applications on all devices, OS and network combinations has to be overcome through a strategic selection of the devices and OS the app will specifically provide for and then QA can be performed on them.
4. Continuous and early testing: A traveler has to plan beforehand and not just rely on spontaneity. This needs to be done in order to avoid any peril later on in his journey. The same is the case with testing apps for handheld devices wherein the moment the development of the app has reached a logical stage, testing needs to be started in order to avoid unnecessary costs in future. The results too, of each test cycle, should be tracked.
5. Automate testing: A traveler has to select the best course of action which reduces travel time and is effective. In mobile app testing too, automation reduces the time and provides high ROI along with giving repeatable testing. It is also important to periodically maintain the automated test suite to ensure this best course of action is repeatable as required.
6. Examining compatibility, battery consumption and defect endurance: Just as a traveller checking the requirements for his journey to not get bogged down on his way, a mobile app needs to be tested in terms of its battery consumption and its compatibility with other popular apps along with performance during negative conditions like changing network strengths or interruptions.
7. Security and performance testing: When a traveler maps out his journey, he checks for various aspects including any safety issues that he may face ahead. In a similar fashion, mobile apps need to be tested against any vulnerabilities from outside parties and sources in order to attain the vigorous performance and prevent financial accountability when a user faces a problem.
8. Universality of the app: Just as a traveler would need to adapt to the different conditions of his destination, whether it be the language, culture or people, a mobile app needs to be globally appreciated and accessible for its worldwide appeal.
And finally, regardless of how much you plan ahead, you will have to allow for certain elements of a travel itinerary to flow in as part of the experience enabling you to live in the moment. Also, however detailed and advanced your planning may be, there may be certain uncertainties that you will need to handle on the go. Similarly, exploratory testing for mobile apps along with feedback from live users, allows to get feedback that may otherwise not be achieved through planned test coverage. While the overall plan will enable you get desired mobile test coverage for requirements and user expectations, you may have uncertain scenarios you may not have predicted in advance. As a tester, it is important to understand that reaching 100% test coverage is not possible. Making a release call from a quality standpoint, within the constraints you work within is what the tester will learn with experience.
As the saying goes, to travel is better than to arrive, a traveler would not only attain his goal but would also have a wonderful experience during. A mobile app too would prove to perform its best and avoid any kind of dire repercussions, if thoroughly tested through these ways combined. Therefore, amongst the many players in the market, you need to select the best one to attain maximum efficiency in mobile app testing.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Important Qualities Of Storytelling In Vr That Connects With The Users
2. How Cloud Technology Is Driving Hr And Workforce Management
Author: Anish Desai
3. Tips To Make Your Trekking Experience Unforgettable In Your Lifetime
Author: Frolic Adventure
4. Huawei E5885ls-93a Vs Huawei E5788u-96a
5. Fugitive Emissions: How Can You Detect Something You Can't See Or Smell?
6. Global Intermittent Catheter Market Share
7. Odoo Invoice Creation: Things You Must Know
Author: Maulik Shah
8. Rfid - The Ideal Solution For Access Control
Author: Roland Ted
9. Nokia X5 Post Launch Review: Knowing Your Smartphone
Author: amar kayam
10. The 404 Error – How To Detect And Correct It?
11. Global Utility Locator Market Growth
12. Advantages Of Kentico Cms Over Sharepoint
Author: Eldon Broady
13. Comptia Security + Certification; Syo-401 -a Step Towards It Security-
Author: Mike Meyers
14. Global Freight Management System Market Size
Author: Shivani Singh
15. Choose Your Technology Partner
Author: Hvantage Technologies