ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
8 Pathways Conjoining Towards Mobile App Testing
Total Articles: 1
Ever thought about how a traveler chooses his path to reach his destination? Give him a map and he’ll find the right road leading towards his goal taking into consideration a number of aspects. The same concept is echoed when one wants to test mobile applications so that it delivers the best performance to the user. Just as a traveler, from chalking out a plan to reaching his goal, a mobile app tester needs to follow a number of ways in order to make the application usable and accessible to all.
1. Testing plan: Akin to a traveler mapping out his plan of action, a testing strategy needs to be put in place for testers in order to follow a coherent and a uniform procedure throughout.
2. Realistic testing: A traveler can only find out the feasibility of his plan through execution in reality and not just in theory. In a similar fashion, an application needs to be tested on real devices and not just on simulators or emulators so that the tester too, can evaluate the test results realistically and see how the app looks and feels in actuality.
3. Placing OS and device choices: When it comes to a traveler, he doesn’t select all roads leading towards his destination. He explores the best choices available for and selects the one which gives him the best experience. Similarly, the implausibility of testing applications on all devices, OS and network combinations has to be overcome through a strategic selection of the devices and OS the app will specifically provide for and then QA can be performed on them.
4. Continuous and early testing: A traveler has to plan beforehand and not just rely on spontaneity. This needs to be done in order to avoid any peril later on in his journey. The same is the case with testing apps for handheld devices wherein the moment the development of the app has reached a logical stage, testing needs to be started in order to avoid unnecessary costs in future. The results too, of each test cycle, should be tracked.
5. Automate testing: A traveler has to select the best course of action which reduces travel time and is effective. In mobile app testing too, automation reduces the time and provides high ROI along with giving repeatable testing. It is also important to periodically maintain the automated test suite to ensure this best course of action is repeatable as required.
6. Examining compatibility, battery consumption and defect endurance: Just as a traveller checking the requirements for his journey to not get bogged down on his way, a mobile app needs to be tested in terms of its battery consumption and its compatibility with other popular apps along with performance during negative conditions like changing network strengths or interruptions.
7. Security and performance testing: When a traveler maps out his journey, he checks for various aspects including any safety issues that he may face ahead. In a similar fashion, mobile apps need to be tested against any vulnerabilities from outside parties and sources in order to attain the vigorous performance and prevent financial accountability when a user faces a problem.
8. Universality of the app: Just as a traveler would need to adapt to the different conditions of his destination, whether it be the language, culture or people, a mobile app needs to be globally appreciated and accessible for its worldwide appeal.
And finally, regardless of how much you plan ahead, you will have to allow for certain elements of a travel itinerary to flow in as part of the experience enabling you to live in the moment. Also, however detailed and advanced your planning may be, there may be certain uncertainties that you will need to handle on the go. Similarly, exploratory testing for mobile apps along with feedback from live users, allows to get feedback that may otherwise not be achieved through planned test coverage. While the overall plan will enable you get desired mobile test coverage for requirements and user expectations, you may have uncertain scenarios you may not have predicted in advance. As a tester, it is important to understand that reaching 100% test coverage is not possible. Making a release call from a quality standpoint, within the constraints you work within is what the tester will learn with experience.
As the saying goes, to travel is better than to arrive, a traveler would not only attain his goal but would also have a wonderful experience during. A mobile app too would prove to perform its best and avoid any kind of dire repercussions, if thoroughly tested through these ways combined. Therefore, amongst the many players in the market, you need to select the best one to attain maximum efficiency in mobile app testing.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Incredible Benefits Of Lte 4g Technology
Author: Vikram Pandith
2. Samsung Galaxy Screen Repair & Replacement Services
Author: Tony Blair
3. Playstation Repair Services Offered In Uk
Author: Playstation Repair Centre
4. How To Fix Iphone Touch Screen Not Working Properly?
5. Learn More About Connector Mating Cycles
Author: John Cooper
6. Mobile Phone Repair Shop Services Offered In Uk
Author: Mobile Phone Repair Centre
7. Easy Way To Get Good Reviews
Author: to make postie
8. What Are The Advantages Of Using Field Service Management Software?
Author: Amit Tiwari
9. Best Rated Magento Ecommerce Themes In 2017
10. A Few Things To Know About Sony Phone Repair Centre
Author: Tony Blair
11. Dell Laptop Screen Repair Centre/dellrepairer.co.uk
Author: Dell Repair Centre
12. Satellites Launch Services By Antrix Under Isro
13. The 5 Wise Reasons Why Phone Answering Service Is A Radical Strategy
Author: Eliza Garran
14. Most Effective Ways To Fix Issues With Your Lg Screen Repair
Author: Tony Blair
15. All Types Of Nokia Repair Services Offered In Uk
Author: Nokia Repair Centre