ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
The Exterior Of The House Is Decided By The Boundary Wall
Total Articles: 28
The house you have constructed over a period of time need some renovation now as it has stayed the same for the last 1 years. You want to work on the extension of the house and include a guest room, renovate the kitchen area, change the wallpapers and some fittings. Excluding these works, you have developed a unique wish. You want to have a raised garden in your courtyard and grow lilies and seasonal flowers. The best option for this is the retaining walls.
Retaining walls are boundary walls or divisional walls which are used to raise a certain portion of the land and retain the earth from erosion. The materials used for the retaining walls include brick, wood, stone, boulder, and Gabion. The selection of materials basis on the purpose of the wall, the design of the material, and the budget that you want to spend on the wall.
The different kinds of retaining walls have different purposes to serve. The concrete blocks are used around the curved areas which produce a Spanish style mid-century architectural look. These kinds of walls can sustain a height of 4 foot. The stone veneer is built by assembling a number of coloured stones which balance each other out. Any height can be achieved by this kind of walls with varying thickness. The poured concrete walls can have a variety of designs with a smooth and sleek finish. However, these may crack due to fluctuations in temperature. Brick walls are strong and sturdy and compliment the traditional houses. Wood walls can be easily assembled and installed without a whole bunch of manpower. These walls have to be repaired or replaced at some intervals to prevent from rotting and damaging. Dry stone or boulders can be seen in the English style gardens. The Gabion are constructed using wire maze and recycled materials.
So, you can easily construct a retaining wall in your Bunbury house and gift yourself a perfectly crafted raised garden. The renovation experts would be able to help you in deciding the type of boundary wall you need for the small piece of garden.
About the Author: This contribution has been made by Daniel Maxted who has written a number of articles on retaining walls Bunbury and provides fruitful information. To know more, please visit www.bunburywallretaining.com.au.
Home and Garden Articles1. 5 Essential Gardening Tips From Reliable Plant Expert In Uk
Author: Paul Gooderham
2. Air Duct Cleaning In Atlanta,conyers : Why Do I Need To Clean My Air Duct?
3. Apartments For Rent In The Northborough Area
Author: Sue Thornton
4. Hire End Of Lease Cleaning Perth To Get Back Your Full Bond Amount Return From The Landlord
5. Hiring A Professional Cleaner Will Be Beneficiary For You
Author: Monika Zuzanska
6. Facts For Getting A Cleaning Expert
Author: Monika Zuzanska
7. Things You Should Know Before Buying A Garage Door
Author: Kevin Bocchini
8. Has Your Carpet Suffered With Gravy Or Any Grease Stains? Tips To Remove Them…..
Author: Riley Evans
9. Things You Need To Know About Bee Removal
Author: Jeff Stanifer
10. Why To Hire Packers And Movers?
11. Cushion Covers Offer A Bright And Contrasting Look To Space
Author: Vedwati Maurya
12. Soundproof Windows Vs Secondary Glazing
Author: Hugo Carter
13. Eco-friendly Interior Designing
Author: Bric Group
14. Turn Your Bathroom Remodeling Dream Into Reality With Help From The Bathroom Remodel Specialist
15. Do's And Don'ts That Will Master Your Bathtub Remodel!