ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
Hair & Skin Benefits Of Using Olive Oil
Total Articles: 55
Rich in antioxidants, olive oil is the perfect treatment for your oil and skin. It has moisturizing properties that are beneficial for both your hair and face. Besides being used in cooking, you can also use olive oil for face, skin and hair treatment through direct application. It can leave your hair looking and feeling stronger, shinier and healthier, and your skin more rejuvenated. The various ways in which this oil helps your hair and skin are elaborated in this guide.
Olive Oil’s Hair Benefits
The main benefits of using olive hair oil on a regular basis are as following:
• Reduce Dandruff: A mixture of olive oil and lemon juice are highly effective in the treatment of dandruff. The oil works by moisturizing the scalp layer and prevents the reformation of dry conditions that can lead to the formation of dandruff. It is recommended to use it once a week until the dandruff is gone.
• Stronger & Shinier Hair: Using olive oil to on your hair can also help your hair become healthier and stronger. The high levels of antioxidants including vitamins A and E will retain the keratin present in hair. According to studies, olive hair oil also removes sebum buildup. The buildup of sebum has been known to prevent new hair follicles.
• Softer Hair: If you have dry, frizzy or brittle-ended hair, you will no longer have to use any synthetic products. Olive oil can make your hair softer from the roots up. All you have to do is to use the oil once a week and achieve longer-lasting softness. This is unlike the temporary softness provided by conditioners.
Olive Oil’s Skin Benefits
The olive oil skin care benefits mostly come from its richness in different vitamins. Some of the most important vitamins for the proper nourishment of skin include:
• Vitamin E
• Vitamin A
• Vitamin K
• Vitamin D
All these vitamins are present in this oil. You can use olive oil for face or for any other area on your skin. The main benefits include the following:
• Antioxidant Properties: The powerful antioxidant properties of the oil can prevent any damages from different sources including UV radiations from sunlight. Besides the different vitamins, it also contains high levels of squalene. It provides olive oil skin care additional antioxidant properties.
• Fights Bacteria: Olive oil has natural skin moisturizing and hydrating benefits. It also has strong antibacterial properties that help in fighting or preventing acne. If you regularly suffer from acne, you have an excellent reason for using olive oil for face.
• Fights Skin Dryness: Whether you have oily skin that is more prone to acne or dry skin, olive oil can be used for all skin types. If you have dry skin, it can be used as a gentle moisturizer. The healthy fats, along with vitamins E and A help in moisturizing and enriching dry skin.
Olive oil also helps in fighting and slowing down the aging process. There are different factors like pollution, sunlight and even depression that play a role in contributing to aging. If you use olive oil skin care on a regular basis, it can make you look younger without the side effects that come with various cosmetic products. It is not just the application of olive oil, you should also make it a part of your diet to enjoy its full benefits.
Fitness Articles1. Remedial Massage And The Way You Can Treat Muscle Injury At Home
Author: Holly Coane
2. Use Chinese Herbs If You Want To Try Out Alternate Medicine To Cure Yourself
Author: Seth Aslatt
3. How Can You Get That Toned And Curvy Body Like The Models You Always Wished For?
Author: Spencer Holden
4. Why Massage Is Known As A Powerful Therapy Since Ancient Days
Author: Leona Miller
5. Does Yoga Result In Possession?
Author: Louise Franklin
6. Tips For More Effective Cardio Workouts
7. Three Day Military Diet Menu Chart
8. Yoga Teacher Training Can Change Your Thinking Towards Leading Life
Author: Dave Woods
9. Why You Should Spare A Thought And Devote Your Life To Yin Yoga Ttc
Author: Dave Woods
10. Tips For Oily Skin Care
Author: Tejaswini D
11. Are You A Victim Of Sedentary Lifestyle? Here Is How To Stay Fit
Author: Steffen Lang
12. Buy Fit Body With Doctor Approved Weight Loss Supplements
Author: Weight Loss Supplements
13. The Secrets Of Bruhana Nasyam Therapy In India
Author: Dr nitesh khonde
14. Know Effective Ways To Reduce Weight The Healthy Way
Author: Owen Jones
15. Let Herbs Cure Your Soul And Body From The Core, Stay Safe And Healthy
Author: Seth Aslatt