ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Things To Look For While Buying An Led Tv
Total Articles: 11
How do you choose an LED TV that’s big enough for a great picture without dominating the room? Buying an LED TV has come a long way since the old days and the process has become a confusing minefield. Nowadays, they are more like giant computers for your living room than dumb screens.
Don’t worry! Don’t get confused by jargon or trends. This buying guide is designed to help you decipher different features of an LED TV. We have boiled it down to 6 key points to help you find out, which LED TV unit will be ideal for you, depending on your preferences and requirements.
1. SCREEN SIZE: Buying a TV that's too big for your living room is like going out for the movies when the only available seat options are in the front row and gives you too much scope, craned necks, strained eyes. So, how to determine the right size TV? Determine your minimum and maximum viewing distance you will be sitting from the screen. For the minimum viewing distance, it is recommended to measure the screen and multiplying it by 1.5. For maximum, you need to double the minimum viewing distance.
2. SCREEN RESOLUTION: ‘1080p’: A "1080p" screen resolution has been the industry standard for many years now and will still give you the best picture quality on an HDTV of any screen size plus it will still be suitable for any kind of content ranging from movies & sports to animation and gaming.
4K and HDR: 1080p is so 2012 now. 4K resolution is set with 3840x2160-pixels and also have been the market standard for a while now. They deliver higher color, increased contrast, and crisper image sharpness for life- like images and movements.
3. CONTRAST RATIO: Many companies determine the contrast ratio of their LED TVs very differently. The contrast ratio is known as the difference in brightness between the darkest black and whitest white the LED TV is able to produce. You will very often be going to see numbers like 2,000:1 or 5,000:1 to indicate the contrast ratio, and just remember, bigger the ratio, the better it is in theory. Your best bet is to check out an external review site that tests the contrast ratios of various brands!
4. REFRESH RATE: The refresh rate is the number of times the image on the screen is refreshed per second. It is calculated in Hertz, so you might see 60Hz, 120Hz, 144Hz or even 240Hz listed on the box of your TV. Higher refresh rates create a smoother flow between the images that will reduce the motion blur. Higher refresh rates are also good for gaming.
5. INPUTS: Always look for a TV that provides enough video connections not only for now, but for the foreseeable future as well. HDMI is the most important input as it supports all major forms of digital video sources like game consoles, Blu-ray players, set-top boxes, phones, cameras, and PCs through a single cable wire. Most LED TV units have three or four HDMI ports, but some might only have two.
6. SMART TV: Almost all LED TVs offer Web apps and inbuilt Wi-Fi. With these given features, you can access online services like Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, Sling TV, and YouTube. Many social networking services like Facebook and Twitter are integrated that offer an entire downloadable app ecosystem.
Understanding all of the above mentioned details a little better will make it a lot easier for you to pick out an ideal LED TV to complete your home theater or gaming rig. If we talk about a brand then, no company can beat the finest series of LED TV by Videocon. The TV sets falling under this category are slim and its premium design synchronizes beautifully with your luxury interior design. Videocon LED TV is packed with all the features mentioned above makes it a right choice for the best viewing experience.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Threat Intelligence Market To Reach A Market Size Of $9.6 Billion By 2023
Author: Shivani Singh
2. E-discovery: A New Era In Investigation
Author: alok tamrakar
3. Youtube For Enterprises – The New Age Video For Content
Author: Amanda Todd
4. How Internet Of Things Will Changing Today’s World?
5. A Few Things To Know About Iphone Repair Centre
Author: Angel Smith
6. How Music Can Heal Your Mind And Soul
Author: Rioven Schmidt
7. Why Install Energy Saving Sensors?
8. Xbox Server Issues Affecting Sign-in, Purchasing & Updates
Author: Angel Smith
9. Four Different Issues To Look Out For In Metal 3d Printing
Author: 3D Spectra Technologies LLP
10. Armor Your Laptop In Style With Printable Laptop Sleeves
Author: Denesh Yadav
11. How Robotics-inspired Toys Help Your Child’s Development
Author: KinderLab Robotics
12. Advantages Of A Disaster Recovery Plan
Author: Noah Truax
13. Xbox Repair & Replacement Services – Issues & Solutions
Author: Angel Smith
14. Industrial Control Systems Security Market Growth
15. Why It Is Essential To Choose Expert Phone Repair Services
Author: Phone Repairer