ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
All You Need To Know About Trailers
Total Articles: 2
CS Trailers offers a world of trailers at your service. There is a multitude of trailers and trucks built for commercial and industrial uses. Before you rent or purchase a trailer for your needs, here’s what you need to do. Read this article for a comprehensive list of most-common trailer types and their applications.
• Specialty Trailers
Specialized trailers are designed for specific freight needs, and are generally used in hauling fuel or other hazardous materials or liquids. The maximum freight weight of specialty trailers is up to 200,000 pounds, and the trailer dimensions are based on the type of product to be moved. Specialty trailers are operated amidst strict regulations, and the driver is expected to have a specific permit and license in order to tow the load or haul the property.
• Refrigerated Trailers
Refrigerated trailers, or temperature-controlled trailers, are fitted with insulation material in order to keep the goods fresh during transit. These are regular trailers with a cooling system and are generally used for food materials, chilled or frozen foods, pharmaceuticals, medicinal items and farm produce. They can carry a max load of 42,000 to 45,000 lbs and are generally up to 8.2 feet wide and 8 feet long.
• Flatbed Trailers
Flatbed trailers are the most common trailer types that can carry a maximum weight of 48,000 pounds. In general, flatbed trailers are at a height of 60 inches off the ground. Flatbed trailers are generally 48 – 53 feet long and 8.5 feet wide. Flatbed trailers are open containers with no covering box on the cargo being shipped. Flatbeds are extremely popular because they are easily customizable with a great sense of versatility, and can carry loads on their sides and rear also.
• Dry Van or Enclosed Trailers
Dry vans, also known as enclosed trailers, are the most common freight containers for shipping and protecting the cargo from any damage. Dry vans are basically flatbed trailers enclosed with a container box, which is loaded using a loading deck and unloaded using a forklift or a pallet jack. Enclosed Trailers can carry a maximum weight of 42,000 – 45,000 pounds. They range from 48 feet to 53 feet in length and 8.25 ft in width.
When renting a trailer, it is important to estimate the load weight to ensure you’re not exceeding the permissible legal limit. You may also need to get additional permits and paperwork to operate a trailer within and outside the city to prevent being fined. At CS Trailers, we ensure all legal formalities are addressed and your trailer renting and purchasing process is a smoother ride.
Automobiles Articles1. Buying A Used Or Pre Owned Vehicles For Sale In Chicago
2. How To Obtain Stress-free Car Financing In West Chicago
3. Choppers Modified From Old Harley Davidson Is Trending
Author: Levi Fysh
4. Experience Chauffer Service In Executive Cars Throughout London
Author: Toby Pratt
5. Save Big With Easy-run’s Fall Special!
Author: Al Freilich
6. Fordzero Down Lease Specialscheap Way To Drive New Ford Car
7. Cad, Cam, Cnc And Robots For Manufacturing In Future
Author: CAD, CAM, CNC And Robots For Manufacturing In Futu
8. Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanical Engineers
Author: Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanica
9. October Is National Transport Month
Author: Batteries & More
10. The 2017 Vw Golf Alltrack 135 Tdi: A Volkswagen Dealers Brief Overview
Author: Aaron Reddall
11. Important Things To Keep In Mind When Your Car Breaks Down
Author: Paul Zervos
12. E-rickshaws Are The Perfect Way To Keep Your City Green.
Author: Power Electric Vehicle
13. The Audi Car Dealers Miami Offer Certified Pre Owned Cars In Competitive Price
14. Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your Cad Project
Author: Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your CAD
15. For An Updated Speed — the Cummins’ Compound Turbo Way
Author: Rip Rook