ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
What Are Commercial Mortgages?
Total Articles: 1
The proceeds from a commercial mortgage are typically used to acquire, refinance, or redevelop the commercial property. It is mainly intended for those in business; commercial mortgages are essentially business loans made using the commercial property as collateral. They can help business people make substantial capital gains from their properties over an extended period of time, but are often subject to high-interest rates.
How do commercial mortgages work?
Commercial mortgages are structured to meet the needs of the borrower and the lender. It is subject to extensive underwriting and due diligence before closing. The lender's underwriting process may include a financial review of the property and the property owner, as well as commissioning and review of various third-party reports, such as an appraisal.
It is ideal for those looking to buy new business premises, or extend or develop a property. Also, they enable borrowers to maintain the cash flow for their business by providing the necessary capital to invest in funding growth and expansion. They are often a preferred option over other investment methods, as a commercial property mortgage allows the business owner to keep full ownership of their premises; other options may entail giving up part of the assets of their business.
What are the additional costs of commercial mortgages?
There are additional costs associated with taking out a commercial mortgage, and it should be taken into account before agreeing to the terms of a commercial mortgage.
Arrangement fees (usually between 0.5 per cent and 1.5 per cent of the loan value)
Valuation fees (the cost of the lender surveying the property to establish its worth)
Legal fees (including legal documents, insurance and your surveys)
Redemption penalties (a tax payable to the lender if you pay off your mortgage before the agreed term)
As with any mortgage, you should always seek the appropriate professional and legal advice before taking out a commercial mortgage.
How long are commercial mortgages for?
Commercial mortgages are typically from 3 to 25 years. Shorter term finance is also available, and this may be called a bridging loan or property development loan, which you may have from a few weeks up to 12 months.
Almas is the owner of EMB. He loves to update people regarding the mortgage.
Investing / Finance Articles1. 5 Hacks To Getting Loan Against Property Approved
Author: Atish Nayar
2. How A Claims Adviser Helps With Insurance Claims
Author: Edmund Brunetti
3. Avoid These Mistakes While Hiring A Cpa Firm
Author: Hampry Gomes
4. Top Tips For Mcx Commodity Trading
Author: Riya Jain
5. How To Claim Unclaimed Fixed Deposits From Banks
Author: Arwind Sharma
6. 12 Month Payday Loans Direct Lenders
Author: Carol Adams
7. Where To Look For Ongoing Projects In Mumbai In 2017?
8. Benefits Of Hiring A Tax Accountant
Author: Karen Lee
9. Impact Of Gst On Manufacturers And Their Distribution Networks
Author: Rahul Sutraj
10. Quickly Find Ideal Program For Commercial Lending In Atlanta
Author: John Bairstow
11. Why Emv Credit Card Terminals Are Necessary For Business?
Author: Satya Nadella
12. Get Set For A Great Retirement Life
Author: Deepesh Reddy
13. Payday Loan In India, Payday Loan India, Payday Loans India
Author: Mayank Aswal
14. Mashreqpay Program To Ease Your Personal & Business Life
Author: Jeff Usman
15. Maximize Your Profitability With Trade12 Trading Services