ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Beware Of Artificial Ripening In Fruits
Total Articles: 7
Food and health security must be the top most priority of any Government towards its citizens. However, even today, it has been found that fruit and vegetable vendors in India use chemicals to ripen up the fruits and vegetables. Although ripening through usage of chemicals is banned in several countries, India still continues to use it freely. Also, by eating chemically ripened fruits and vegetables, we are at greater risk of long -term health hazards. All this can affect the vegetables and fruits exports from India to other countries.
The ripening of fruits and vegetables after storage has been used since many years due to the commercial advantages that it offers. It is done to achieve uniform ripening characteristics at a faster rate at the cost of its nutritional levels.
Several suppliers and dealers believe that stocking up of unripe fruits and vegetables is a waste to time and also loss of revenue. Less time taken by the fruits and vegetables to ripen means they can market them faster and earn higher profits. Thus, they resort to artificial means of ripening. Also, a significant amount of fruits and vegetables become undesirable in the course of natural ripening owing to weight loss, uneven ripening and dehydration. This again could hit the fruits and vegetables export from India by a great extent.
Chemical used to ripen fruits and vegetables are;
• Calcium carbide
Many countries, including India have permitted the use of Ethylene and Ethephon in a limited concentration as they are less harmful that Calcium carbide. However, due to the lack of knowledge of its usage by farmers and dealers, they have been used extensively. This has led several petitions to be filed against the usage of Ethylene and Ethephon too.
How to identify artificially ripened fruits and vegetables?
Read the full article on http://www.arihantagro.org/beware-of-artificial-ripening-in-fruits-vegetables/
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Pre Workout Meals Toronto – The Best Thing For The Fitness Buffs
Author: oliver shin
2. Food Delivery Toronto – For Those Who Want To Eat Healthy Always
Author: oliver shin
3. High Protein Fitness Meals Are For Those Who Wish To Remain Fit On A Long Run!
Author: Bruce Willis
4. London Best Chinese Food Is Served Under The Best Setting!
Author: Ron Michel
5. Escape The Typical! Blast Your Party In A Gracious Restaurant Setting!
Author: Nadia Turov
6. Alaskan Smoked Salmon May Be The Ideal Addition To Any Present Basket
Author: Ross Barkely
7. Eating-on-the-go: The Funda Behind Smart Snacking
Author: Urmin Group
8. Reasons To Hire A Birthday Party Buffet Catering Company
9. Global Dietary Supplements Market Size And Market Share
Author: Shivani Singh
10. The Way You Can Make Your Corporate Event The Best Tool To Propel Your Business
Author: Mitchell Dundalli
11. Guidance On How To Behave On Your First Date At A Restaurant
Author: Mathew Gomes
12. Distribution Services For Easier Access To Goods
Author: Chetan Rathod
13. Wholesale Vape Supplies: Crucial Tips For Prolonging Your Battery Life
Author: Ben Oesterling
14. Throwing A Party? Don’t Organise A Fancy Party, Feed Your Guests With A Creative Menu!
Author: Mario Sazos
15. Distribution Companies
Author: Aniket Vichare