ALL >> Family >> View Article
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Appointing A Live-in Caregiver
Total Articles: 300
You can hire a live-in caregiver in Canada through the LCP or Live-in Caregiver Program. There are both advantages and disadvantages of having a live-in nanny but before we discuss them, it is better to know the rules regarding the appointment. You should try to appoint a person having Canadian citizenship or he or she is a permanent resident. Be sure of the pay and ensure that you have the space in your home for them. You can employ them for caring for an elderly person, a child or for a person with some disability. The person should be a part of the LCP and willing to work on a live-in basis. Get a positive LMIA and a new work permit. The person should be employed for the job of caregiving and not for any other domestic chores.
Advantages of hiring live-in nanny
The first advantage is the flexibility you enjoy. The routine of the entire family can be set taking into consideration the presence of the 24/7 caregiver. You can fix their duties and responsibilities the way you want and will not have to depend on their schedule. In general, live-in nannies are more willing to be flexible with the schedule and they wilfully work during evenings and overnights.
A live-in nanny or caregiver is cost effective. It is more so, when you have more than one kid. Also, since they get a room their compensation package can be less than live-out nannies. They also offer convenience as you don’t have to take the child to the daycare or wait for him or her to arrive in the morning. You child or the elderly family member also enjoys the convenience of staying at their familiar and comfortable surroundings. Some minor housekeeping tasks can be delegated to the nannies like doing the children’s laundry or keeping their rooms clean.
Disadvantages of hiring live-in nanny
Parents must handpick their caregiver carefully. Since the person will be residing with the family, integrity of him or her cannot be compromised. Parents need to ensure a private bedroom for their live-in nanny. The privacy of the family gets hampered to some extent. The family needs to make adjustments and changes in their home to accommodate the live-in nanny. Boundaries are also quite hard to maintain and it is not always possible to maintain professional boundaries when he or she lives in your home.
If the nanny is not from the country, his or her English speaking skills will be limited and this may have an impact on the child. The parents should be careful to monitor the caregiver’s behaviour and habits. It is also hard to separate parent time from nanny time and it becomes difficult to have exclusive family time. The initial adjustment period can be challenging for both the parties. And, you may need to give time to get adjusted to the new relationship and responsibilities. You should treat the caregivers with respect and behave reasonably with them. A mutually beneficial relationship will ensure a healthy atmosphere at home.
Family Articles1. Professional Dog Groomers Are Going To Arrive With The Mobile Grooming Parlour!
Author: Michelle Smith
2. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Offers Best Services To Take Care Of Your Elders
3. The Online Project Management Tools Can Help The Project Manager In Successfully Handling The Projec
4. What' Do We Need To Know About Alzheimer's Disease?
Author: kankei Care
5. Common Skin Problems And Newborn Skin Care Tips
6. Take A Break From Your Responsibilities By Availing Respite Care Sunshine Coast Services
7. Why Do Seniors Injure Themselves More As They Age?
Author: David DuPont
8. How Can A Ca Live-in Care Agency Help?
Author: Gabriel Fulton
9. The Home Care Sunshine Coast Offer Best Services For The Elders To Lead A Quality Lifestyle
10. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Take Care Of Your Elders
11. What To Look In A Mail Order Brides Online? More Information For You To Find Out Here!
12. 7 Powerful Ways To Program Love To Children
13. All You Should Know About Making Donations To The Ngos In India
14. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Offer Quality Lifestyle For Your Elders
15. Relationship Therapy Nederland Can Help You Understand Your Loved Ones In A Better Way!
Author: Angelika Matthias